• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wllmwallace

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    Guy at work came in with this little nose picker. Apparently his brother-in-law (LEO) needed some cash, and it so happens I picked this up, almost NIB (two magazines through it), box and a half of .32 ammo, for $100 cash. Newer model with the little clip on the side. Haven't taken it out to the range yet, and was just wondering if anyone had any opinions, or practical experience with the cute 'lil guy. Oh, and did I overpay?
    DK Firearms

wllmwallace

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    Yeah, I thought the same. But the seller is LEO here locally I called him and asked why the sale, b/c I know the reason why he bought it in the first place, and I know the guy I actually got it from REALLY well. We're both Management at the company we work for. He just needed quick cash, as in, by the end of the day cash (Winter Time, temp drop, and past due ATMOS Gas Bill).

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I like my kel tec (P3AT). It is a carry gun, not a range or show gun. The brand has had some technical glitches in the past. Your model might work very well, especially if it is newer, it might not. Mine does. Only one way to find out.

Just run a bunch of ammo through it and see if it runs up to your standards. The manual says there is a break in period, just FYI.

Hondo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    The F in DFW
    you definitely didn't overpay, I had a P32 one of the early ones and it had to be sent back to Kel-tec because it was a jam-o-matic. Kel-tec replaced the barrel assembly, slide, and the magazines no charge. After a little buffing on the feed ramp it became my favorite pocket pistol until my BIL talked me out of it last year.

Get a nice pocket holster like a Nemesis, Meco, or Hume and you will be all set.

wllmwallace

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    Appreciate the offer, but I rarely if ever get rid of anything in the gun safe. Thanks though everyone for your opinions. I guess I'll just have to go shoot it and see what I think about this little pocket rocket.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    You definitely overpaid! I will give you the $100 you paid for it right now!

I carried a P 32 a few years back and mine worked flawlessly. I did the polish job (see KTOG.com) and mine loved Cor Bon ammo. I used the belt clip regularly but I eventually traded it towards a G26. From my experience Kel Tec guns either run very sweet or they are total lemons, not much in between. I hope yours runs like butter.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Get the 10 round clip from Kel-Tec. That extra finger on the grip make all the difference.

My friend calls it "The Noisy Cricket" from the Men In Black movies, and he not far off the mark...

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I like my P32. Haven't had any problems with it,so far. I've had it 4 years and IIRC I've put 2-300 rounds through it.

dday

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    irving tx
    I just got a P32 yesterday for a summer gun. I plan on working out the kinks between now and summer. Being that this is Texas and summer could show up next week what ammo would you guys recommend starting with?

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I carried my P32 for several years before purchasing a Ruger LCP. Both mouseguns run smooth - never had any glitches with them.

wllmwallace

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    Took it out yesterday. Nice little nostril pistol. Shooting with the 7rnd mag takes a bit of getting used to. 5 and & 7 yds, X-ring hits, no strays, anything further out and I started getting stray hits, nothing outside the 8, but for me, that's unacceptable. Buddy let me borrow his 10rnd mag, fits the hand better, closed the groupings at 10, and 15 yds, didn't improve anything further out than that. Up to 15 yds, everything stayed in X-ring and 9's just a bit outside, so must have been the grip. No complaints so far, 107rnds, no hic-ups, 100 rnds Win 71gr FMJ, and 7rnds of Win 50gr silver tip HP. No FTF/FTE during shooting. Did a stress test involving 2 x 7rnd mags and 1 x 10rnd mag, ran through them just fine. Double taps and Mozambique drilled fine. All in all A+ for something smaller than my wallet.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    Took it out yesterday. Nice little nostril pistol. Shooting with the 7rnd mag takes a bit of getting used to. 5 and & 7 yds, X-ring hits, no strays, anything further out and I started getting stray hits, nothing outside the 8, but for me, that's unacceptable. Buddy let me borrow his 10rnd mag, fits the hand better, closed the groupings at 10, and 15 yds, didn't improve anything further out than that. Up to 15 yds, everything stayed in X-ring and 9's just a bit outside, so must have been the grip. No complaints so far, 107rnds, no hic-ups, 100 rnds Win 71gr FMJ, and 7rnds of Win 50gr silver tip HP. No FTF/FTE during shooting. Did a stress test involving 2 x 7rnd mags and 1 x 10rnd mag, ran through them just fine. Double taps and Mozambique drilled fine. All in all A+ for something smaller than my wallet.

Good review. I also shot it at extended ranges just to feel confident with it but I shot mostly at 5-7 yds, one handed most of the time.

Top Bottom