• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schmellba99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Houston & San Antonio

Based on what I can gather, the TRW NM rifles were classified by both the manufactuer and the Army as semi-auto only rifles and were built that way. That's why the welding was done pre-heat treatment of the receiver. The fact that it may have a lug or not is irrelevant - an argument could easily be made that one could grind the welds off to make it fully auto, but one could weld a lug on just as easy on a semi receiver as well.

The fact that the manufacturer, and previous court cases, have deemed the TRW NM rifles as semi auto is pretty clear.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I hope so man! I'm sure they've destroyed the rifle at this point, but I hope you stick it to the bastards and get a good payout over it.
    Maybe they'll just have to get it back from the guy who took it home... ATF version of a war trophy...

AustinTSI

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2022
    Austin, TX
    I believe there is no part of the law that states the Police are responsible for returning seized items in the same condition in which they were initially seized. Which is why some people have gotten their property back in a parts bin with missing parts and with rust damage to the point of being worthless or unusable.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I believe there is no part of the law that states the Police are responsible for returning seized items in the same condition in which they were initially seized. Which is why some people have gotten their property back in a parts bin with missing parts and with rust damage to the point of being worthless or unusable.
    Welcome to the forum.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    My attorney advised me to notify ATF so there would be no doubt of the legality of it.

I notified them on May 19. I felt that even if they ruled it was a machine gun I would be best off if I had an 07 FFL so I applied, was interviewed and got it in the mail on Saturday 8/23. I sent ATF an email that day.
    You should have never invited the atf to be involved.

Top Bottom