Venture Surplus ad

just "how" wierd are ya., a study in eccentricities..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    The volume knob on any electronic device be it the TV, radio, or iPod has to be on an even number, never odd. Is that "odd"?

More so on the truck radio, but yep, same way. Only exception is if it's on 5 or a multiple of (5,10,15,etc).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Military Camp

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Since retirement, I don't eat in restaurants but when I did, I wouldn't sit where people would be moving around behind me.

No matter who it is, when they approach me, I have already assessed their threat level. Parts of that include their size, strength and demeanor. You can tell a lot about the mood, intentions and level of aggression by facial expression. Their posture and how they carry their hands finish the assessment. OK, I admit it.....I do this constantly.

Flash

Last edited:

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Since retirement, I don't eat in restaurants but when I did, I wouldn't sit where people would be moving around behind me.

No matter who it is, when they approach me, I have already assessed their threat level. Parts of that include their size, strength and demeanor. You can tell a lot about the mood, intentions and level of aggression by facial expression. Their posture and how they carry their hands finish the assessment. OK, I admit it.....I do this constantly.

Flash
    I will ad to this. I must sit somewhere in a restaurant with my back to a wall. I can't stand people walking up behind me. I need to be able to see the entire restaurant from wherever I sit. I will wait for certain tables to open.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Stairs....ALWAYS 2 steps at a time. If I had a staircase in my house there would be absolutely no wear on every other step.

I get aggravated if I follow someone up stairs and have to wait or use each step to keep my legs moving.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Nobody can make a PB&J the way I want it except me. Gotta ha e just the right amount if each.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    If I can't use my foot, I'll use a paper towel to open the bathroom door in public. If there isn't paper towels, I'll use the least amount of pinky and hopefully the least touched part of the handle.

Paper cups with lids: the spine of the cup has to be opposite the opening in the lid so that I can pick it up and know where to drink from without having to look first.

I hate disorganization... if it's work etc... but at home, it's not the tidiest, BUT I know where everything is.

I hate being late. I'll be wherever 15-30 min before I have to if at all possible. I'm at work between 6:30-7 everyday even though I don't have to be here until 7:30. I also don't leave most days until about 4:15-4:30 even though contract time is over at 3:30.

I hate large groups of people. I will seek out the few people I know or keep to myself.

I'm addicted to cokes (Dr Pepper mainly). It's not so much the coke as it is having a consistent taste (tap water can be good to awful depending on location) and convenience.

I can teach you how to do something even if I can't do it myself. (Taught a friend in grade school how to skate even though I cannot). Probably why I'm good in my job ... now if it only paid enough.

I loathe Houston. All the "bad" things in my life have only truly come about since moving here.

I absolutely hate bad grammar and misspellings. I know I'm not perfect about it, but I try to be.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    For a while I always had to have exactly 2 pieces of ice in my tea.
    I used to be the exact same way, but I grew out of it in my early 20s. I still don't like too much ice in my drinks, but I'm more flexible now. I'm not a very organized person, but I hate it when people mess with my stuff. My workspace might look messy, but I can tell every time when someones been touching my shit!

I'm pretty eccentric overall, but I can't really think of any other compulsive type behavior I have. I don't have the time nor the patience to be OCD :laughing:

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    GlockOwner said:
    You know those little plastic containers that you get from the quarter machines?
    when you buy single reeses peanut butter cups, there is a little, white, square cardboard piece to keep the package from bending around the candy....i kepts those cardboard pieces

Here we go.. WHY, and what's cool is I get it.. you never know when you might want that white square.. OK, those are back on the list, back to wall, yah but that's normal not ..uhh, whatever.. agree with pard ALL lines, hoses, cords, have to be coiled neat.. anyone else 'lace through' extension cords? My work bench can be a mess, but the peg board is neater than doctor Fred's operating room.. oh.. I was all over shorts on deoderant..it goes up and down, not side to side till she womanized on me.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I am clean & sober for 32+ years and drink nothing but plain, cold water. The exceptions to that are a cup of milk with my morning cereal and some breakfast orange juice around the holidays. No coffee, soda (Cokes etc) juices, Gatorade or any form of booze for me!

I go to many parties where booze is consumed. Drinkers can not stand to have someone NOT drink! I bring my own drink (water), consume from a sealed water bottle or go without. If I have a drink of water and I leave it unattended or out of my sight for any length of time, I dump it and will not drink from it. Lest you think that is paranoid, HS students and prison Offenders will do disgusting things to a teachers' food or drink. As a response to my working environment of 22 years, I Keep my food & drink secured!

Flash

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    More so on the truck radio, but yep, same way. Only exception is if it's on 5 or a multiple of (5,10,15,etc).

I am the exact same way... My girlfriend says I make strange sounds when I get nervous or if there is absolute silence. I hate silence. TV, radio.. Something has to be on, even if it is very quiet. I hate having worn out things. If something I get new gets a scratch, to me, it has been ruined. I'd buy two of everything if I could. I have scratched a gun, and refinished it the following day.

Stop at a whole dollar amount at the pump. If I get to xx.01... I'll fill enough to get to the next whole dollar. I refuse to load 30 rounds in a 30 round mag. If I am loading from a box of 20, that is all I will put there. I will also stop short loading 9mm or .45 so I have complete rows of ammo still in the box.

If you touch my stereo settings. I will destroy you. If you put your feet on my dash board. I will destroy you. I can't drive anywhere without a coke in my cup holder.

I can't let anything go. I have an obsessive mind that never stops thinking about things and how I could have done them differently. I will listen to a new song I like until I can't stand it. I'm going to stop before I tell too much.

AngeliaH

Life's Peachy
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Central Texas
    I hate socks and pants. I only wear regular socks maybe two or three times a year but I wear fuzzy house socks at home.. Pants come off as soon as I get home. I put on shorts or sweats. But I won't wear shorts or sweats in public. I hate mushy food. Won't eat beans or bananas. Its not the taste. Its the texture. When I'm stressed or in pain I rub the bridge of my nose.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I hate socks and pants. I only wear regular socks maybe two or three times a year but ibwear fuzzy house socks at home.. Pants come off as soon as I get home. I put on shorts or sweats. But I won't wear shorts or sweats in public. I hate mushy food. Won't eat beans or bananas. Its not the taste. Its the texture. When I'm stressed or in pain I rub the bridge of my nose.

Weird, but not as weird as the frog fetish.
    lol

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Whenever I go to a restaurant, I -always- order my Coke/Pepsi/whatever with no ice. It comes out of the machine plenty cold enough, and the ice just dilutes the living hell out of it anyway (especially when three quarters of that twenty ounce glass is filled with crushed ice - I ordered a drink, not a Goddamn Slurpee!). If there's ice in my drink, I'll bring it up immediately.

For some reason, I can identify a brand of root beer after just one sip so long as it's one I've had before.

My ammo stockpiles must be evenly divisible by a certain number of fully loaded magazines for each gun that I own (even in video games - I'll deliberately waste a couple shots until the math works out). Hence why each of my six boxes of 7.62x38R ammo have a single round missing. I also load ammo from the box a certain way. Box of twenty in two rows of ten? Alternating ends and rows for each round I load (upper left, lower right, etc etc). Box of fifty? Center ten go first, then the inner rows, finally the outer rows.

diveRN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    The Metroplex
    I round gas to 50 cents or a dollar, never anything else. Could care less about the amount of gas.

My home computer is mine. Touch it and you will lose fingers.

I always, always sit in a restaurant or public place with my back against a wall.

Most of the time, I tend to eat around a plate of food starting with one item and eating it until it's gone, but not always. Mixing isn't a no-no, sometimes I do it from the start.... mexican rice and refried beans.

All knobs and dials in my truck are set to off or their "default" position when I get out. AC/Heater, radio, etc... comes from being trained to drive by a military pilot. Not an OCD thing, but habit.

Last edited:

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    Stairs....ALWAYS 2 steps at a time. If I had a staircase in my house there would be absolutely no wear on every other step.

I get aggravated if I follow someone up stairs and have to wait or use each step to keep my legs moving.

same here

I hate being late. I'll be wherever 15-30 min before I have to if at all possible. I'm at work between 6:30-7 everyday even though I don't have to be here until 7:30. I also don't leave most days until about 4:15-4:30 even though contract time is over at 3:30.

I hate large groups of people. I will seek out the few people I know or keep to myself.

yup on all those. most of my friends are of the latino/latina variety, and they don't understand me. I tell them, "if you say the thing starts at 8, i'll be there by 7:45 at the latest!" even though they probably wont be there until close to 9!

I want to slap people who use the pretend word "hella".

This, and several other words as well

Top Bottom