Just Joined

Aug 6, 2008
Whitesboro, TX
Just joined the Forum. I live just south of the Red River but travel around DFW and Houston quite a bit. Have a variety of weapons iincluding my newest...a Mosin 1891 made in 1916. When I get it home this weekend, we'll rattle the leaves a little!

Aug 6, 2008
Whitesboro, TX
My first Mosin was an M44. That steel buttplate doesn't soften the blow much. I was shooting it one day and my son (33) came over and said "What the **** are you shooting?". He said fire was shooting about 2' out the end of the barrel. It does have a bit of recoil but at 60 yards, iron sights, from the sitting position it will shoot a 1.5" group using the Wolf Gold ammo. First time we went hog hunting, I flipped the bayonet out and said "Okay, I'm ready". My son thinks I'm some kind of nut.

Aug 6, 2008
Whitesboro, TX
I'd like to go to Shiloh but I won't be able to bring any firepower. When I'm in Houston, I'm in a Company car and guns are a big no-no. I'd hate to get fired for that after 31 years on the job. More accurately, I'd hate to have to tell my wife I got fired for that after 31 years on the job.

300shooter

Mar 6, 2008
Fargo,ND
howdy and welcome , post up enjoy

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms