• ...and so much more!
  • Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Once you learn to talk slow, you'll be okay. Until then, you might take a translator with you. An goat is the best bbq.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    c026d6b231e613307af193bfe2f24c04.jpg

Juggernaut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2016
    Hey guys, I'm moving to Austin, Texas from the UK early next year and as an ex-paratrooper in the British army I've always had an interest in firearms. Unfortunately due to our laws in the UK it's very difficult to own or shoot guns outside of the military. I'm very much looking forward to moving to Texas in the hope that I will be able to indulge my passion for long distance rifle shooting.

GoodTransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    OK, reviving my Necro thread. I am finally settled in. We bought a house in the Falcon Pointe area in Pflugerville (yes, it is still Travis county). I do have a 5 year old and the schools are great. I have my application in for my LTC as of 4/5 of this year. Ready to do some shooting. Who is in? I got plenty of hardware and ammo. :)

GoodTransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Have done Red's, because it is close, but would rather be outdoors. I saw that there was a nice looking gun club that seemed close by (can't recollect which one now), but I would like to find one y'all recommend (yes I started saying it). I would love to get my 5 year old into some .22LR plinking as well. I bought the wifey a 9mm that I would like to get her comfortable with too. Any recommendations, it would be much appreciated.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Shady Oaks in Cedar Park is way nicer than Reds. Other than Best of the West in Liberty Hill, the only outdoor ranges I know of are closer to the Temple area. You are more than welcome to drive up to the Salado area and shoot with me. I usually shoot at Shiny Top Ranch in Salado.
    There is an app called "Where to Shoot". Might give you a starting place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dohc97

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2017
    Maryland
    My wife and I will be moving to Texas in 5 - 6 years when we retire. What's wrong with Austin? We are currently in Maryland.

GoodTransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Shady Oaks in Cedar Park is way nicer than Reds. Other than Best of the West in Liberty Hill, the only outdoor ranges I know of are closer to the Temple area. You are more than welcome to drive up to the Salado area and shoot with me. I usually shoot at Shiny Top Ranch in Salado.
    There is an app called "Where to Shoot". Might give you a starting place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the information and invite.

ContactLeft

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    Have done Red's, because it is close, but would rather be outdoors. I saw that there was a nice looking gun club that seemed close by (can't recollect which one now), but I would like to find one y'all recommend (yes I started saying it). I would love to get my 5 year old into some .22LR plinking as well. I bought the wifey a 9mm that I would like to get her comfortable with too. Any recommendations, it would be much appreciated.

Looks like we're neighbors, I'm right down the road from you. I go up to Best of the West all the time. Probably the best outdoor range around here, even though it's a bit far. You're more than welcome to come with next time I go up. It's always nice to go shooting with others.

Top Bottom