Just Moved to SW Fort Worth. Any good outdoor ranges?

Discussion in 'Dallas & Fort Worth' started by kdunn, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Punisher

Punisher New Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Arlington Sportsmans Club. Mansfield Texas

2. DallasCMT

DallasCMT New Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    Yes, Alpine is good, especially if you're into sporting clays, they have two 100-round courses. I've shot there a few times and it's going to be the closest public place.

3. Nev

Nev New Member

Jan 18, 2014
    I've heard good about Alpine as well haven't been able to get down there yet. Via emails they said my Vepr 12 is welcome, buckshot, too. Anyone else have info/verification on this?

I'll get there soon in any case.

equin likes this.
  4. kdunn

kdunn New Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Just an update, I shot at Alpine this weekend and it's a pretty nice outdoor range. Only drawback is they don't let you shoot FMJ on the rifle range, which sucks cuz I only had about 40 rounds with me for my SBR 300 BLK that weren't FMJ. But I had brought plenty of pistols with me so I still had a good day.

Price was very reasonable, $13 for all day for rifle and pistol range. Stay as long as you'd like to shoot. They are also NFA friendly for those of you with NFA weapons.

Even shot a round of skeet for $7.50 just cuz I wanted to get my shotgun out.

The staff was very friendly and helpful (with the exception of the one DB gun owner that seems to work at every gun range/store you go to).

I'll definitely be going back to Alpine Shooting Range next time I wanna shoot in the FW area.

-kdunn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skysnake likes this.
  5. ATHOMSON

ATHOMSON New Member

Nov 3, 2009
    house
    Alpine is a good outfit.

6. thebbc

thebbc New Member

Aug 9, 2016
    Alpine is a great place to see some "what not to do's", but fun none the less.

7. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    They are not reopening. Shoot Smart is opening their third location on 377 south of 820 soon, probably this month. They are going to have 7 private bays with turning targets and programmable courses.

8. Mike748

Mike748 New Member

Jan 1, 2015
    DFW
    I realize this is an old thread but I'm surprised no one mentioned Quail Creek. Pretty good range in my experience although the range officers can be a little overzealous.

FKS likes this.
  9. F350-6

F350-6 TGT Addict

May 25, 2009
    Not a lot in SW Ft Worth for outdoor ranges, and even less for NFA. On Target is still closed, but Shoot Smart did or is opening up an indoor range on 377 just South of the loop.

10. Darkpriest667

Darkpriest667 Active Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Fort Worth
    TX gun range is in mansfield (midlothian) ... Alpine (which is worse) is in south fort worth... That's bout it.. I go to TX for long outdoor shooting. for indoors.. it depends.. Target Time on 1187 or Shoot Smart in Benbrook