• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    If you find you like reloading, this will only be the start of your equipment acquisition.
    Thirty five years ago I started with a small RCBS single stage kit similar to what you bought. Now, one entire wall of my garage is dedicated to my reloading gear.
    My favorite piece of reloading equipment is my Dillion 550B reloader. I have it set up for .45 ACP. This past weekend I decided to reload some of the .45 brass I had accumulated. It has been about six months since I last used this press. I placed powder in the container and dropped a test charge. It weighed 5.6 grains which is exactly the amount I use. I weighed 10 more amounts (safety precaution) and each one was right on the money. I loaded 300 rounds in 1.5 hours. I plan to go expend most of this ammo at the range this long weekend.
    P.S. - I hate .45 ACP with the small primer pocket. It ought to be banned.
    Capitol Armory ad

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    It will work but generally crimping is bad for accuracy. Generally.

Well accuracy is my main goal on my 308. could you please post a link of what product that will work with the press I got so I can purchase it? I know I have read a lot on reloading but I have never done it. Maybe a kind member that lives close to me could come show me when I get set up but that wont be until I get back from vacation in mid july.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Just don't crimp. Let neck tension hold the bullets.

Back your bullet seating due out about 1 turn so it doesn't crimp either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    I tried to do my homework and get a good beginner's set but my goal is as time progresses to learn to make the most accurate rounds possible for my 308 I know when I first start out there will be a learning curve but I hope with what I have purchased I will be able to start loading very accurate and consistent rounds.

Top Bottom