just our luck...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Bigs Wife, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Bigs Wife

Bigs Wife Active Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Cedar Park
    Well.. tonight has been pretty eventfull... while on our way to Bigs uncles to help with a ceiling job, the tire on his Pathfinder decided it would be a good idea to go flat.. no big deal right? Right... until! The locking lug nut decides to break off... without loosening up at all.. so after a guy stops to help.. nothing.. then about 45 minutes later a construction truck helped and got a big chunk off but we then figured out there is still stuff IN it.. we tried drilling it out.. no luck.. everyone kept throwing around the joke of using a torch.. I thought it was a good idea but obviously not... sooooo after we filled the tire up three times, and put in some plugs.. we r now at Bigs grandparents house trying to fix it.. what a night... should have stayed home. Better now then tomorrow on his way to work I guess.

2. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    That's Monday for you. Hope you guys stayed warm, it got cool here once the sun went down.

3. AnArmyofRon

AnArmyofRon Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Granbury
    In the old days when you had any kind of car trouble you either fixed it or someone would come along that could help you fix it. Not so much anymore. Love the 21st century and hate it at the same time. Merry Christmas.

4. Bigs Wife

Bigs Wife Active Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Cedar Park
    I wore crocs and capris because I thought wr were gonna be inside.. bad idea.. my toes got so numb..

That's what I kept tellin Big.. merry christmas hun. Ohhhh it was frustrating seeing everyone just drive by. We need signs to keep in the car saying "will you help please?" But the guy that stopped last was SO helpful.. we tried to pay him for helping but he refused it.. the first guy tried to be helpful.. and I'm grateful for his help but ughhh..

5. zembonez

zembonez TGT Addict

Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Well THAT certainly doesn't sound like fun. Hope it's all fixed by now.

6. Bigs Wife

Bigs Wife Active Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Cedar Park
    Hahahahaha yeah right... you should see these guys.. its hilarious... they are drilling out the wheel stud and they've been doing that since the first post and they said they are now half way through lol.. oh we r gonna be here all night... they have no idea what they are doing.. they are just kinda tryin stuff.. its really scary to watch.. but funny too

7. zembonez

zembonez TGT Addict

Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Too bad you don't have a beer, a blanket, and a lawn chair!

Hope you get it fixed soon.

8. Bigs Wife

Bigs Wife Active Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Cedar Park
    You can bring me one of everything. Thanks :)

9. zembonez

zembonez TGT Addict

Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    That really would take all night!

10. Bigs Wife

Bigs Wife Active Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Cedar Park
    Lol true true.. well it was worth a shot I guess.. the tire is off!!!