• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigs Wife

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Cedar Park
    Well.. tonight has been pretty eventfull... while on our way to Bigs uncles to help with a ceiling job, the tire on his Pathfinder decided it would be a good idea to go flat.. no big deal right? Right... until! The locking lug nut decides to break off... without loosening up at all.. so after a guy stops to help.. nothing.. then about 45 minutes later a construction truck helped and got a big chunk off but we then figured out there is still stuff IN it.. we tried drilling it out.. no luck.. everyone kept throwing around the joke of using a torch.. I thought it was a good idea but obviously not... sooooo after we filled the tire up three times, and put in some plugs.. we r now at Bigs grandparents house trying to fix it.. what a night... should have stayed home. Better now then tomorrow on his way to work I guess.

AnArmyofRon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Granbury
    In the old days when you had any kind of car trouble you either fixed it or someone would come along that could help you fix it. Not so much anymore. Love the 21st century and hate it at the same time. Merry Christmas.

Bigs Wife

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Cedar Park
    That's Monday for you. Hope you guys stayed warm, it got cool here once the sun went down.

I wore crocs and capris because I thought wr were gonna be inside.. bad idea.. my toes got so numb..

In the old days when you had any kind of car trouble you either fixed it or someone would come along that could help you fix it. Not so much anymore. Love the 21st century and hate it at the same time. Merry Christmas.

That's what I kept tellin Big.. merry christmas hun. Ohhhh it was frustrating seeing everyone just drive by. We need signs to keep in the car saying "will you help please?" But the guy that stopped last was SO helpful.. we tried to pay him for helping but he refused it.. the first guy tried to be helpful.. and I'm grateful for his help but ughhh..

Bigs Wife

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Cedar Park
    Hahahahaha yeah right... you should see these guys.. its hilarious... they are drilling out the wheel stud and they've been doing that since the first post and they said they are now half way through lol.. oh we r gonna be here all night... they have no idea what they are doing.. they are just kinda tryin stuff.. its really scary to watch.. but funny too

Bigs Wife

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Cedar Park
    Well after about 3 and a half hours of pure crap, we managed to get the tire off but need a stud so time to finally call it a night and go home :)

I like how I say we when I had absolutely nothing to do with it... :) hehe

Bigs Wife

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Cedar Park
    Well after about 3 and a half hours of pure crap, we managed to get the tire off but need a stud so time to finally call it a night and go home :)

I like how I say we when I had absolutely nothing to do with it... :) hehe

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    It has 6 lugs, right? I would think you can get around on five long enough to take care of it at a better time. I can relate, though; I snapped a bolt trying to reinstall the thermostat in the manifold of my old Camaro. Kinda sucked because the thing had two bolts, and needed both, and one was snapped solid in a part of the car you really don't want to take apart. Lots of drilling, reverse-threaded extractors and other tricks to get it out - wouldn't budge. I ended up having to drill it out full, re-tap the hole and use a coil insert to get a new bolt in. A 15-minute job turned to hours and a 12-pack between my dad and I.

("Son, was this supposed to be the difficult part?!")

Bigs Wife

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Cedar Park
    Lol yeah we could have gotten around without the other but Big decided to just leave it there and we'd fix it tomorrow (today)... hopefully nothin else breaks as they put it back together tonight... but now I'm carless for the day.. total bummer.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    just for future refrence I've taken a socket that will almost go over the special nut, then drive it on with a hammer and take not off. Works most of the time after thats its a air hammer with chisel but you have to be really carefull doing that.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    When shit happens it some time happen BIG!
    Sorry for the bad luck, hope all works out!!!!
    You stay out of this! LOL!
    just for future refrence I've taken a socket that will almost go over the special nut, then drive it on with a hammer and take not off. Works most of the time after thats its a air hammer with chisel but you have to be really carefull doing that.
    Wouldn't work when it broke is broke good. I should have taken pictures of that mess. We drilled the stud out and finally got it off but it took a good three hours. The equipment repair truck guy that came buy was a god send. I thank him many times over. I tried to give him money but just said no and told me to return the favor to someone someday.

Top Bottom