• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Like the post says i just painted the letters on my AR. I just sent the pic to some of my friends that now want it done to theirs and so do some of their friends. So my question is what do you think would be a fair price to do it for?

11126-just-painted-letters-my-ar-imag0051-1-.jpg
    Texas SOT

Attachments

• IMAG0051[1].jpg
      IMAG0051[1].jpg
      37.9 KB · Views: 348

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    Fair price to me would depend on how you did it. If you surface prep, use enamel/hardener, then some type of top coat to seal and take off the sheen, then $40 is probably not too bad. If you just rub a crayon over and then clean off the surrounding area, then maybe $2.

-Randy

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Fair price to me would depend on how you did it. If you surface prep, use enamel/hardener, then some type of top coat to seal and take off the sheen, then $40 is probably not too bad. If you just rub a crayon over and then clean off the surrounding area, then maybe $2.

-Randy

It's enamel paint. I clean the surface well, then use a very fine tip brush to paint it. After I'm done painting I clean it up again and use a heat lamp to help dry faster. I don't have a clear top coat. The paint is all flat unless they choose one of the metallic paints.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    How long did it take? Somewhere between $30-40/hr is reasonable. Guesstimate how much paint you used... maybe $2 worth? Add that too. There's your answer

sleeplessintexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Bedford, Texas
    Nice job. This isn't an easy task when you have two colors so close to one another. I've done this with more than a few guns over the years. I've used Testors and several other enamel-based products and a couple of two-part coatings.

Keep in mind many of the commercially available gun cleaning products as well as non-clorinated brake cleaner and other non-traditional but commonly used products will make a mess of your hard work in a flicker.

Top Bottom