• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knormal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2017
    New Braunfels, TX
    I just picked up a Norinco Tokarev yesterday - got it via online bidding from an auction in Texas for a pretty decent price. I found out why it didn't go very high from local bidder inspections as the hammer didn't stay cocked! After a little google foo, I pulled the hammer group out and found the seer spring wasn't seated properly. 10 minutes later it's all better! :)

Trigger seems smoother than I thought it would be, based on comments from others - fairly clean break. Very solid gun but with a few sharp edges here and there. The safety is somewhat stiff, but may loosen up with use. I've got a new mag coming in for it, and hope to shoot it this weekend. My last pistol was a .380 Makarov, I seem to like these oddball guns, and unsure what's next.

Last edited:

knormal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2017
    New Braunfels, TX
    I'd be really curious to compare it to the Zastava M70a - Southern Ohio Gun is selling those at $210 I think. Or do I want a 7.62.25 version next? Hmmm. Tokarevs - collect the whole set! :)

knormal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2017
    New Braunfels, TX
    I just picked up 100 rounds of FMJ 9mm today, I hope to hit a range in the next week. I did a little further cleaning and a little light oiling and I knocked off some of the sharp edges machined into the hammer. It fits the hand well and I don't find the grip angle to be uncomfortable. Range report to follow shortly, with any luck.

knormal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2017
    New Braunfels, TX
    Long overdue range report. The other day I went to McQueeney gun club with my daughter who has never fired before and we tried out the pistol. I haven't shot in over 3 years. I had 2 stove pipes on it and that was with the federal ammunition, the Winchester seemed to work fine.

It had a little more kick than my old Makarov but it felt good. my daughter and I had some fun with it, and even though she plays tennis she was feeling it in her hand.

Mine were around the X, whereas she was consistently low at first. This was from 5 meters after the first 2 mags.

It was good to finally get it out of the case and put some rounds through it.

Attachments

• 20180209_155413.jpg
      20180209_155413.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 76
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom