• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iwatts79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Hello all, I just relocated to El Paso from Los Angeles due to my job in healthcare. Being as this is the first time I have ever lived outside of CA, was hoping to get some advice on the local gun laws, as I was interested in purchasing a firearm for home defense. I am unsure as to what I can/what to get, as I still have my CA driver's license because the company might be moving me again within the year due to extreme staffing shortages and I don;t want to complete all the paperwork for a TX DL and then have to move out of state again. I am not military, current or former, and any thoughts anyone might have, or things I should read would be welcome, thank you.
    Capitol Armory ad

itsawondertoo

Semper Fi! Don't make me use my knife hands!
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Katy, TX
    Welcome aboard from Katy, TX! Hopefully you won't have to go back to Cali and will get to stay in Texas! I would also go to the "Texas Hometown" sub-forum and post there as well in the El Paso section. There should be some folks out your way who can point you to an expert or gun shop in your area that would probably be able to advise FTF (Face-To-Face).

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Welcome

You may need certain items to BUY a firearm but none of those are required to fondle or rent them ;)

Better yet maybe some of locals will take you shooting
    <it's considered good manners to BYO ammo>

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Retired a couple of years ago from a major healthcare corp. We had a location in El Paso......Major Medical. My only advise about El Paso is don't go to Juarez!

Top Bottom