• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    LOL. What Catholic church did you go to?

My summary of Catholicism over decades is how we should be acting on our faith and not just talking about it. I've never heard a priest harp on hell.

lol Grew up with Czechs and Polaks of central Texas; Ca-tho-lic. The CCD teachers were all nuns. I got a break at school, then the small school shut down up the road at Panna Maria and the teachers, Nuns, all came to our school and we had the there too! :roflsmile:

But to be serious, what I preferred about the Baptist was they emphasized the personal relationship. I didn't realize that I craved it until I began doing it. That's where it came together for me. These days I'll attend either church.
    ARJ Defense ad

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    LOL!

This is my take on Christianity...

I think all denominations have positive things to offer. Like an alcoholic seeking help, a person has to want help and seek God with an open mind and heart to get the benefit of any denomination's teaching.

A not-very-good priest/preacher can still help someone if they're really looking for the truth and Jesus Christ to be a part of their lives.

If you're really wanting Him in your life He'll find a way to be there. I agree that some priests/preachers are better than others but the responsibility for your relationship with God is yours...not theirs.

I'm Catholic because I've examined different religions and purposely chose to be one. I based my Confirmation decision on the Catholic Faith/Catechism and not whoever happens to be running the institution or local church today.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I figure I'll live 'til I die so I made all of my "Final" arrangements. Everything is set, decided and all interested parties have met together so they all know the plan.

Just yesterday, I decided to make a change. I don't want any service. I have been a wild child, did some really off the wall stuff and pulled some classic jokes and pranks! The original plan was to cremate my remains, ice down some beer and have friends laugh about some of the crap that I've pulled. I don't want a group of friends to get together and turn things into a funeral grind. So....the change will be.....NO service!

The other issue is geographic. How can all the people I've known over the decades get here even if they wanted to? Nope, when it's over, that's it. I'll leave pleasant memories and a some ladies with hopefully a fond thought or two. No circus for Flash.

Flash

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I figure I'll live 'til I die so I made all of my "Final" arrangements. Everything is set, decided and all interested parties have met together so they all know the plan.

Just yesterday, I decided to make a change. I don't want any service. I have been a wild child, did some really off the wall stuff and pulled some classic jokes and pranks! The original plan was to cremate my remains, ice down some beer and have friends laugh about some of the crap that I've pulled. I don't want a group of friends to get together and turn things into a funeral grind. So....the change will be.....NO service!

The other issue is geographic. How can all the people I've known over the decades get here even if they wanted to? Nope, when it's over, that's it. I'll leave pleasant memories and a some ladies with hopefully a fond thought or two. No circus for Flash.

Flash

If nobody will miss you then there's no problem with this plan. If there are those that are mourning then some will need the closure of a service.

Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    LOL!

This is my take on Christianity...

I think all denominations have positive things to offer. Like an alcoholic seeking help, a person has to want help and seek God with an open mind and heart to get the benefit of any denomination's teaching.

A not-very-good priest/preacher can still help someone if they're really looking for the truth and Jesus Christ to be a part of their lives.

If you're really wanting Him in your life He'll find a way to be there. I agree that some priests/preachers are better than others but the responsibility for your relationship with God is yours...not theirs.

I'm Catholic because I've examined different religions and purposely chose to be one. I based my Confirmation decision on the Catholic Faith/Catechism and not whoever happens to be running the institution or local church today.

That's a pretty good take if you ask me.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013

Flash
    Putting it in the modern lexicon, I feel ya, bra. How big a service I have will depend on if I pre-decease my wife or not. If I do, then it's her choice. The one thing I insist upon is my epitath which I want to be "BRAINS!!!"

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    One of my grandpas had a typical Catholic rosary, funeral, etc. but he also had a party with margaritas and mariachis just like he asked for.

They made a DVD of old pictures and music he liked, and the whole family celebrated his life.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    My old buddy Roland always said "I'd rather y'all drink over me than cry over me", so we did.

Top Bottom