• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Ruger once made a spectacular 9mm Carbine: PC9.

Marlin also made one in 9mm and .45 Auto.

They are hard to find. Good luck & be well.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Last year, I did a lot of reading on them and held a few of them in my hands and then I bought a Beretta Storm and haven't looked back since.
    I read some things about a few issues they had and about their customer service. I don't care for how they field strip compared to the Beretta.

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    I picked up a used one cheap a few years ago chambered in .40S&W. Found out why I got it cheap the first time I tried to fire it. Each round would get stuck when chambering and cut into the brass. The feed ramp had a very sharp edge. A small file and a little buffing and after that it ran like a champ. Only grip other than that is that to remove the bolt for a through cleaning you have to remove the buffer tube. I put probably a thousand or so rounds through it and sold it during the last panic. Now that I have a .45 cal suppressor coming in the next few weeks I've been looking for one in that caliber.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I love pistol caliber carbines. I have looked at the JR quite a few times, but even when on clearance, I could not pull the trigger on buying one. The reviews I have seen are very complimentary. Using standard pistol mags is great bonus. The barrels are threaded as well IIRC.

A 9mm PCC with a suppressor is pretty much unbeatable up to 100 yds. I see that you ordered a .45. I would have as well, but there were not any available at the time. It would be nice to have one that is multicaliber, like the .45.

Good luck with your purchase!

These looked more interesting to me:
    http://www.mechtechsys.com/glock.php
    I like the available slide out stock.

Last edited:

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Have to agree with IXLR8. The JRC is a great idea, but too pricey for what it is and what it does. For that price you could just as soon build yourself a decent 9mm AR. One of our site sponsors sells those Quarter Circle 10 lowers that accept Glock mags. You'd need a Glock compatible bolt and a 9mm upper. I think there's a company called LDR that sells a Glock mag AR as well.

For a pistol caliber carbine, there are a lot better options out there than JRC. Especially once you figure in the price of the JRC. Heck, you can even get an M1 Carbine copy that shoots 9mm.

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    Have to agree with IXLR8. The JRC is a great idea, but too pricey for what it is and what it does. For that price you could just as soon build yourself a decent 9mm AR. One of our site sponsors sells those Quarter Circle 10 lowers that accept Glock mags. You'd need a Glock compatible bolt and a 9mm upper. I think there's a company called LDR that sells a Glock mag AR as well.

For a pistol caliber carbine, there are a lot better options out there than JRC. Especially once you figure in the price of the JRC. Heck, you can even get an M1 Carbine copy that shoots 9mm.

Lone wolf sells a 9mm glock lower.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom