• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It was my first time visiting the city, and I have to admit that many of the stories I've heard about the place aren't true.

OK, sure it has its issues; but for the most part I had a great stay and ate some excellent Mexican food!

Unfortunately I didn't get to any gun shops, but the guys we were working with on Ft Bliss said the next time we come out they'll ensure we have time for a trip to the range!

I sure wish SA's weather was more like EP's!

Cheers! M2
    Gun Zone Deals

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I've passed through there a few times....ehh..it's ok but no thankyou. So how often are you going out there?

Not sure, I hope to go back for work; but that depends on several factors most of which are beyond my control (but I will do my best to influence those who make the decision!).

Cheers! M2

chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    I would not move there unless it paid very well, but it's not the skanky little town that is portrayed in the westerns. It's a real mixture and it's amazing at how well the US & Mexico actually blend together there.

I end up there once a year and I don't regret it, I just hate the damn drive from Houston.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Yes, a okay place to visit, but......I have been "visiting" for 3 1/2 years.

Gov job forced us here. Can't wait to leave.

Way too many libs live here.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I sure wish SA's weather was more like EP's!

The lack of rain gets real old here. I love SA's storms.

It's a real mixture and it's amazing at how well the US & Mexico actually blend together there.
    I end up there once a year and I don't regret it, I just hate the damn drive from Houston.

It's quite the opposite when you live here. Once a year is more than enough. Trust me.

Great people in El Paso for sure.

I find this to be a very optimistic and over positive statement. I don't know where you meet people here, but in all of my 20 years, I have to say that it's about 20-80. 80 being on the side of the many ways people can be assholes.

Way too many libs live here.

Too damn many. Most of the rest just don't give a damn.

I know I probably seem like a jerk and I don't mean to rag on the city I have spent most of my life in, but I really can't help it. I met my wife here, had great children here, have a doctor that saves my life on a yearly basis hear. There have been some great parts about being here, but that is the only reason I can find love for this place. If you like it here, I suggest you limit yourself on time spent so you don't ruin it for yourself.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Unfortunately, I didn't get to see much of the town but I did get a chance to drive over Trans Mountain Road and stopped on the Scenic Drive overlook at night for a wonderful view of the two cities! We also ate at Carlos and Mickey's, which was an excellent choice for lunch!

Didn't make it to Chicho's, but heard mixed reviews of the place. Some said it was great, others said it could be brutal on the ol' digestive system!

Got some great pics of the mountains at sunset, I was on the top floor of the Marriott and facing west; so I had an excellent view every night. They also still even light up the big star in the evenings, which was pretty cool!

Cheers! M2

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    As a visit, sure...to live here, nah. Me and the wife are counting down the years until we can bail....can't wait, we just don't fit in here.

kirk10100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    Lived here all my life and I can tell you this place stinks. Food is good (avoid Chicos unless you want to spend a couple of hours on the can) but thats about it. This place always claims that it is the friendliest city in the world but unless you are from here, it's not. Our local politicos are as courupt as can be. Just look at our daily headlines with all the investigations going on. They also take pride in thier progressive liberal views but yet disregard the citizens wishes. Yeah this place sucks! There is a running joke that someday El Paso will ceccede from TX and join up with New Mexico since this place is nothing like the rest of TX.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    Lived here all my life and I can tell you this place stinks. Food is good (avoid Chicos unless you want to spend a couple of hours on the can) but thats about it. This place always claims that it is the friendliest city in the world but unless you are from here, it's not. Our local politicos are as courupt as can be. Just look at our daily headlines with all the investigations going on. They also take pride in thier progressive liberal views but yet disregard the citizens wishes. Yeah this place sucks! There is a running joke that someday El Paso will ceccede from TX and join up with New Mexico since this place is nothing like the rest of TX.

+1 El Paso is not Texas. I think Texas should redraw the state boundary at the El Paso county line.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Back in the day ... circa 1967.

El Paso was a great place for a kid to play. We used to hunt rabbits on Castner Range among all the artillery and bomb fragments.

We would take the city bus to a fried chicken place and eat wings for five cents each, then hit a nearby Mexican Restaurant, order some Cokes and munch on chips and salsa for a Quarter. That was pretty bold for a bunch of twelve-year old kids.

It was a real treat when our parents took us to Juarez for Mexican food, and shopping for Mexican goods.

That Idyll is long gone.

Adios Amigos.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Weird. Everytime I have been to El Paso, the people were nice and welcoming. Last time I was there, my Step mother was in the hospital, and the folks there were extremely nice. Total strangers praying for my step mom. I have always enjoyed El Paso, but I was raised in New Mexico so I guess maybe I have a different view. I dunno. When I was a teen my friends and I used to get wasted in Juarez all the time. We were regulars at a joint called Tuna Country. You could imagine all the fun a 17 year old knuckle head could have at a place with that name.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, I followed El Paso up with a trip to Minot, North Dakota and let me tell you, I'll take EP any day of the week!

It was 17°F with heavy snow flurries when we left (our plane was delayed an hour). Funny thing is, when I got back to SA the wife and kids were saying it was "cold" here!

We did make a quick trip up to Canada (about 50 miles away) but since it was Sunday nothing was open in the small town of Pierson (pop 250) in Manitoba province. We saw one kid with a hockey stick (go figure!) and no one else, but it was pretty chilly at least to us (temps in the upper 30s that day).

One thing for sure, it is nice to be home!

Cheers! M2

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    Back in the day ... circa 1967.

El Paso was a great place for a kid to play. We used to hunt rabbits on Castner Range among all the artillery and bomb fragments.

We would take the city bus to a fried chicken place and eat wings for five cents each, then hit a nearby Mexican Restaurant, order some Cokes and munch on chips and salsa for a Quarter. That was pretty bold for a bunch of twelve-year old kids.

It was a real treat when our parents took us to Juarez for Mexican food, and shopping for Mexican goods.

That Idyll is long gone.

Adios Amigos.

LOL. Nothing is more fun for kids than playing with UXO. I remember when I was a kid they had TALL slides and stuff in the parks. I mean the kind that were so tall you'd really get hurt if you fell off the top of one. Teeter totters, and high dives. And no one wore helmets. Hell, we were spinning on our heads on a piece of cardboard in the driveway. All of that's gone.

I feel sorry for kids these days.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Weird. Everytime I have been to El Paso, the people were nice and welcoming. Last time I was there, my Step mother was in the hospital, and the folks there were extremely nice. Total strangers praying for my step mom. I have always enjoyed El Paso, but I was raised in New Mexico so I guess maybe I have a different view. I dunno. When I was a teen my friends and I used to get wasted in Juarez all the time. We were regulars at a joint called Tuna Country. You could imagine all the fun a 17 year old knuckle head could have at a place with that name.

The days of just going over the boarder are looooong gone !

It is not as bad as it was a couple of years ago, but I won't be going any time soon.

Top Bottom