Patriot Mobile

Just took my fiancee and her three brothers to Red's North...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mightymints

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Pflugerville Texas/ UK
    I am in Pflugerville Texas, so Red's north is only a few minutes from my house, but every time ive been in there I have been met with some pretty un-friendly people who didnt seem to want my money, so I never bothered to shoot there in the past.

However... the other day I posted a thread on AR15 needing some help with my ar15, and Vell (vellcrow on here) replied and said he could help at Red's north so I went down there with mixed feelings on how it would be.
    Anyways, turns out that the crew there varies and theres a different crew from something like Wednesday to Saturday, and then Sunday to Tuesday. The crew from Wednesday to Saturday are definitely the friendly bunch, and they really have changed my opinion on the range and I will now be visiting as often as I can.

As I said, I took my fiancees three brothers for their first shoot today and they loved it too. I couldn't have asked for a more friendly environment to introduce them to the sport.
    I didnt catch the names of the other guys working there today, but thanks to Vell and the others who made it a fun time.
    Ash
    Gun Zone Deals

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Alan, Vell,

I know you guys are not dicks but............{ and I spend enough time at gunranges to know exactly what you guys go through with dumbass gunowners} it seems to a lot of us who have been to Red's that he hires only people who are a mirror image attitude wise of himself. { I have not been to Red's in years, but people talk about y'all all the time at LSGR}

Admittedly I do not know him personally and he might be a different person outside of the store but he exemplifies the type of gun store owner everyone bitches about{ on the few times I have been in when he was around}

As far as range rules and the price per hour, anyone who has a problem with coming on to someone's private property and following the rules.................go somewhere else if you don't like it.

And if you are an unsafe douche who cannot keep your muzzle pointed in a safe direction, don't come here either.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    { I have not been to Red's in years, but people talk about y'all all the time at LSGR}

What are they saying?

The last time I went to LGSR I got the mean mug stare down from two NRA card-carrying members when I was shooting my braked M1A, on top of some serious attitude from the guy's wife. Not that I really care, LOL.

I'm waiting for the weather to get cooler and I'll head back out to LGSR. I prefer shooting outdoors, especially rifles.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Damn Hoji tell us how you really feel about stupid people. Amen tho. Amen to the whole thing.

Nothing wrong with being honest, it's the only way anyone can ever improve. Hoji excels in this trait, and I respect him for it.

Red isn't a saint, but my dealings with him have been fair I would say. He is respectful to me at work when he is in, isn't a tyrannt, and generally just wants to get business done.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Nothing wrong with being honest, it's the only way anyone can ever improve. Hoji excels in this trait, and I respect him for it.

Red isn't a saint, but my dealings with him have been fair I would say. He is respectful to me at work when he is in, isn't a tyrannt, and generally just wants to get business done.
    Bold: He is honest! :rolleyes: And He is a good guy and a hell of a people person.
    Underlined: I have no idea about Red, I have no experience with him and I've only been to reds once or twice. I'm sure it is a treat to shoot there but I can't afford the range fees so I shoot at .......... dun dun dun Eagle peak. I like the AC at Red's when I shot there tho.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    As far as range rules and the price per hour, anyone who has a problem with coming on to someone's private property and following the rules.................go somewhere else if you don't like it.

And if you are an unsafe douche who cannot keep your muzzle pointed in a safe direction, don't come here either.

I love that feeling of going to the range and being next to some complete newbs that have just bought their first handgun and can't figure out to work the damn thing.

You think, "you know that 7 dollar range fee isn't worth getting shot by this idiot next to me. . . ."

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    What are they saying?

The last time I went to LGSR I got the mean mug stare down from two NRA card-carrying members when I was shooting my braked M1A, on top of some serious attitude from the guy's wife. Not that I really care, LOL.

I'm waiting for the weather to get cooler and I'll head back out to LGSR. I prefer shooting outdoors, especially rifles.

Oh just the usual, "Got yelled at for a double tap" "shooting too fast", "not controlling my rate of fire, when everything was in a 2 inch group from a .22 rifle at 50 yards" too expensive, yada,yada,yada.

As far as the shooting too fast, double tapping etc, your rules your range. Respect that or go elsewhere.......I did. I actually tell people to go there when they are bitching about the heat, wind, bugs, snakes,
    or about Matt yelling at them for using a Mossberg loaded with buckshot at a target frame Yep if they don't like the rules at LSGR I recommend Red's

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Oh just the usual, "Got yelled at for a double tap" "shooting too fast", "not controlling my rate of fire, when everything was in a 2 inch group from a .22 rifle at 50 yards" too expensive, yada,yada,yada.

We allow double tapping, or at least the weekend crew doesn't mind it so long as you are controlling the shot placement. If you are just spraying the second shot god know's where, then you'll be asked to stop by me at least.

Most people that get yelled at by me are un-safe morons, or they've been warned once before about rapid firing. The rapid firing thing is generally reserved for people that can't place shots, and are just out there banging away.

The cadence that will get you attention at Red's is beyond the normal scope of shooting a 2" group at 50 yards with a .22 rifle. People tend to bend the evidence in their favor I find.

Expensive, yeah... no argument there.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    We allow double tapping, or at least the weekend crew doesn't mind it so long as you are controlling the shot placement. If you are just spraying the second shot god know's where, then you'll be asked to stop by me at least.

Most people that get yelled at by me are un-safe morons, or they've been warned once before about rapid firing. The rapid firing thing is generally reserved for people that can't place shots, and are just out there banging away.

The cadence that will get you attention at Red's is beyond the normal scope of shooting a 2" group at 50 yards with a .22 rifle. People tend to bend the evidence in their favor I find.

Expensive, yeah... no argument there.

No doubt, but at least one of the people who have bitched is capable of doing this at a pretty quick pace with a 10/22 on a rest.

If I am shooting fast with a 10/22 on a rest I can put 25 rounds into a 2 inch group in seconds, if I go slow, that group becomes less than an inch.

My response is the same to the people who bitch about y'all, their range, their rules. If you go there ,plan on shooting slow.

Top Bottom