• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    This is a great class that I highly recommend! I have trained with Tom and SouthNarc and they are some of the very best trainers available. I took this class a few years back and learned a great deal. This class is a little less aerobic than the ECQC class offered by SouthNarc, yet covers most of the material.

Combined Skills Course
    Course Description: There will be a Friday evening session in the classroom, followed by two full days with Southnarc and Tom. Students will be divided into small groups to work with each trainer and rotate all weekend. Students will work with Tom on pistol skills for real fights. Southnarc will cover Managing Unknown Contacts, Practical Unarmed Combat, and In-Fight Weapon Access. This is a unique opportunity to obtain dove-tailed training in integrated pre-fight management skills, empty hand skills, and street proven gun skills.
    Topics: group shooting at 7-25 yards, presentation from holstered and ready positions, multiple shots/single target, multiple targets, targets at varying ranges, one handed shooting (left and right hand), reloads, shooting on the move, shooting from kneeling and prone, shooting from cover, drawing and shooting from seated positions, and more.
    Length: twenty hours
    Prerequisites: Completion of AT-1, AT-4 or similar course, or IPSC/IDPA match experience, or instructor approval required.
    Required Equipment:Students need 800 rounds ammo for pistol, normal range gear and clothing, eye/ear protection, concealment garment. Need cup, mouthpiece, and workout clothes for Southnarc's evolutions. Workbook, marking guns and cartridges, protective gear supplied by trainers.
    Optional Equipment: See the general policies page for suggestions on food, drink, clothing, etc.
    Taught by: Tom Givens (Rangemaster), Southnarc (Shivworks)
    Facility: A-Zone Range
    Hurley's Gold

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I just got back from the class and learned much! I'll post some pics tomorrow. This class is very relevent to CHL holders. Some of the material covered was drawing from concealment, movement, reloading, hitting moving targets, AAR's from Tom's students' armed encounters, managing unknown contacts, pre-fight tactics, basic strikes, 3 p's, breaking contact from bg, and getting your gun into play under pressure.

Tom has a great track record of successful results (50) with his students using their handgun in real life situations.

jay524288

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I was there, too. It was a great class.

SouthNarc had us do a drill to work on our body positioning during a fight. In the drill, we paired off, put our forehead against our opponent's, and then tried to push him around. I've attached a picture of what it did to my melon.

At the end of the day Sunday, we had a test of everything SouthNarc had taught us. Each of us went through a scenario were we were confronted by a bad guy who started punching us (wearing boxing gloves). We had to close with him, get control, then make enough space to pull our gun and shoot him. Doing this once was exhausting. The guy acting as the bad guy was in all of them. That man was fm2. He must be a machine. I don't know how you did it.

Attachments

• forehead.jpg
      forehead.jpg
      64.7 KB · Views: 281

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Hi Jay, I'm glad you thought it was time well spent. Good on you for sticking it out and getting some important work done.

My head is a little roughed up as well. That's come to be called the mark of Snarc.

The drill Jay described is called the mountain goat drill. It illustrates one of the three P's - Pressure .

Here's pic of the line working.

Attachments

• DSC05544.jpg
      DSC05544.jpg
      22.7 KB · Views: 252
    • DSC05530.jpg
      DSC05530.jpg
      70.9 KB · Views: 259
    Top Bottom