• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    The little 380's sometimes need a death grip to function properly. If the gun flexes a little in your grip it will often malfunction. Springs in a small 380 are typically very tight because of the blowback design.
    ARJ Defense ad

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    Sounds like a call to Kahr is in order. My understanding is they are really good at turning things around in a timely manner.

stemoo01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2014
    I'd try with a few rounds out of the mag & a couple of other shooters, could well be a gun issue, but I'd want to rule out limp wristing given the gun..

flashgor_99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2015
    Well, I ended it today. After sending it back a second time and waiting 4 weeks, I got it back Friday. Took it to the farm, loaded, aimed and same XXXXed problem. Failed to eject. Fired a few more shots, failed to eject half the time and didn't reload twice. Cant trust a gun like that. Took it to my friendly neighborhood gun store and traded it for a Ruger LCP. It will be a couple of weeks before I can take it out to fire it, but it feels real comfortable in my hand. I'll never waste money on a Kahr again.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Some guns aren't for some people. I'm not saying it's the case here, but I've taken customer's pistols that wouldn't function for them and run mag after mag through them with no malfunctions at all.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Some guns aren't for some people. I'm not saying it's the case here, but I've taken customer's pistols that wouldn't function for them and run mag after mag through them with no malfunctions at all.
    This happens a lot. Not saying it's the case here (doesn't seem to be) but have had a few say my gun sucks, and look at me in awe as I find no issues.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    I had a Glock 42, had a FTE every other shot. Handed it to a friend, using the same ammo, it ran flawlessly. Lots of physics play their part. Not just grip strength, but grip angle, as well as where do you naturally hold the gun.

I wish the OP had said something beforehand. A couple of us might have been willing to take it off his hands. Hopefully the LCP works out better for him.

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    I had a Glock 42, had a FTE every other shot. Handed it to a friend, using the same ammo, it ran flawlessly. Lots of physics play their part. Not just grip strength, but grip angle, as well as where do you naturally hold the gun.

I wish the OP had said something beforehand. A couple of us might have been willing to take it off his hands. Hopefully the LCP works out better for him.
    Had the same friend offer me his shield in 9mm for it. I damn near bit his hand off. We both walked away grinning like we just got the way better end of the deal. Great when it works out that way.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Well, I ended it today. After sending it back a second time and waiting 4 weeks, I got it back Friday. Took it to the farm, loaded, aimed and same XXXXed problem. Failed to eject. Fired a few more shots, failed to eject half the time and didn't reload twice. Cant trust a gun like that. Took it to my friendly neighborhood gun store and traded it for a Ruger LCP. It will be a couple of weeks before I can take it out to fire it, but it feels real comfortable in my hand. I'll never waste money on a Kahr again.

LCP or LCPs?

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I would've gotten rid of the lemon too.

But my three Kahrs are all good shooters with no problems.

Top Bottom