• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I don't play the game of Glock vs 1911, I don't discriminate. I find beauty in all kinds of handguns, and have many on my " want to own" list.
    I was reviewing that mental list the other day and Kahr arms came to mind.

I have always wanted one, I like the 2 tone look and would like to try the dao trigger.

They aren't common, and rarely seen for sale used so it would be a new gun purchase.

Does anyone here have an experience or insight they want to share? Good bad or indifferent.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk
    Lynx Defense

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    In general they produce junk. Seen too many guns from them that get rushed out with terrible qc.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    I own two both have been excellent, accurate with excellent trigger,
    they are very tight when new and require break in with more oil then
    normal.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I owned a CM9 for a while that I had bought used. The fit and finish on it was excellent. The trigger was long but smooth and not overly heavy. It ran fine, never had an issue, but it just didn't do much for me. I sold it after I got a Shield. I do know Kahrs can be finicky their first 500 rounds or so as they break in.

Nothing wrong with getting one if that's what you want but I think there are better options these days.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I have a friend that won a Kahr in 45 aarp as a door prize at a charity event. That was 10 years ago and it has been his truck gun since. I have shot it a few times, but I don't like it because it ejects the brass up and to the rear, hitting me in the forehead every time.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I had a CW9. Nice shooting gun, but it had a few quirks I didn't care for.....had to use slide lock to reload instead of using slide pull, mags wouldn't hold rounds securely unless in hardshell magazine holders, etc. I eventually sold it to a TGT member who has enjoyed it more.

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I won a CW9 in a raffle years back. Had an outstanding DAO trigger. No other issues with it but I traded or sold it off awhile back

sanspeu1r

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Filer, Idaho
    Love my Kahr 45, the only DAO I would ever use because the did it right, I load round nose lead with no problems, I hate say better than my 1911 but I just can't give up that nice 1911 trigger.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Still have my PM9 I bought about 12 years ago. The DAO trigger is very smooth, but it is a long trigger pull. It was my EDC for many years, which reminds me I need to get it out and shoot it.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I owned a K40 for over 20 years and it hasn't been a problem. My wife carried it for years, and I took it to the range a few times a year. It hasn't had a high round count but has always been reliable. I rarely seen one for sale used.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I love the feel - they fit my hand well and because they're single stack, they're easy to carry.

I had a PM9 and a CW45 before the TBA. The trigger seems to get a lot of flak but I liked it. It's longish but smooth. They are a bit tight.

I really like the looks of the all-metal one with the wood grips. The model #'s get confusing and I can't recall off the top of my head what it is. Nearly bought one at a gun show many years ago but couldn't justify the price for such a niche gun that I had no real use for except to admire.

Thumbs up from me.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Buddy at work has a PM9 he's carried for years. I've only dry-fired it, but I concur with the long trigger pull mentioned above.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom