• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Son had one in 45 acp...can't remember what it was, but something broke after a few hundred rounds.....iirc....he discovered there was an issue that was not uncommon in the 45 version.....

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Had a TP45 for a while (I think it was the TP - could've been a PM45) - one of their early .45's. Stainless slide, black polymer frame. Could take 1911 mags, though they wouldn't lock the slide back reliably while factory mags worked fine.

Pros:

One of the thinnest guns you can get regardless of caliber

Light weight

Easy to carry

Good sights

Good light DA trigger, if you like light DA triggers. The pull is a bit long, but not intolerable.

Cons:

Light weight means something has to give - they're a lot snappier than other guns their size catagory.

After market accessories light sights are hard to come by. Magazines had to be ordered online.

Accuracy was ok but I did better with other guns in the same caliber.

I will say that the metal frame guns still appeal to me. I haven't owned one of the metal guns yet, but I wouldn't mind at all to get a K9 or T9 - the T9 being the preferable option.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Thanks for all of your responses.

From what I'm gathering most don't own one anymore, traded or sold for better options. A few do and love it. Mixed reviews on the trigger.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    No complaints from me CW45, CW9, PM9, CT380.
    All run smooth and are nice quality guns.
    I’ve read on Kahrtalk that there have been issues with some of the magazine followers and that customer service can be spotty.

4B31B35B-977F-4073-B7CF-6C68A9D277D9.jpeg

Last edited:

capoward

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2019
    China Spring, TX
    I shot a friends CW45 and found it very accurate at 15 yards; I didn’t shoot at closer or longer distances.

He had disassembled the CW45 and smoothed all metal surfaces without altering any angles which did eliminate the need to fire 200-500 rounds to smooth out the metal surfaces.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Had a friend who had one, i think it was the CW9. The slide was peening and getting shaved by the slide release. Trigger was also terrible, ultra gritty, no amount of cleaning would fix it.

Kahr was as i recall not helpful. Not sure if he still has it, haven't talked to him in awhile

BrianMDTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2021
    Conroe
    I have a Kahr K9 9mm. It’s actually a Lady Kahr (with a reduced recoil spring so not compatible with +P loads). It is my favorite carry gun. Very accurate, easy to conceal and I’ve never had an issue with it. I bought it cheap many years ago as the owner was not willing to have a pistol with “Lady” on the slide. All I know is that it’s a shooter. Great stock grips, too.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I read an article about them on one of the websites, maybe gun digest or ammo land, I don’t remember because it was a while back. Anyway, It triggered me (ya that was a pun) to do my own research on them. My recollection is that they were fine. They have their fans and their haters, just like Glock, Colt, Ruger SW and all the other major brands. I don’t recall any major issues with the brand, and recall thinking they aren’t a vanity brand, but for utilitarian purposes would fine for the glove box If I could pick one up cheap. Reviews say they are dependable.

Top Bottom