ARJ Defense ad

Kahr CW9 sight adjustment assist, please...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Soldiernurse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Cedar Park, TX
    Shot all three of my handguns (Kahr CW9, Walther PPS & Glock 26 Gen 4) yesterday at Reds Indoor 100yd Range. Very pleased with my shooting results of both PPS & G26. However, with aim center mass the CW9 shot low on target.

Looked in CW9 handbook for rear sight adjustment instructions but only found side to side adjustment. Need to lower the rear sight. Any CW9 owners here that can help with rear sight adjustment instructions?

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Is the CW9 new or have you shot it before? Did you have someone else shoot it to verify the low shots. If it's new go shoot the heck out of it. Just bought one and at first all my shots were low left but grouped really well. After a couple hundred rds it's getting closer and closer to being dead on. In my case I think it's getting used to the long pull and crisp break making me pull down on the gun. From prowling the Kahrtalk forums I don't think you are gonna have any luck with finding a shorter front sight. Let us know what you come up with.

OldLincoln

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    California
    Are you really shooting the CW9 at 100yds? Shouldn't it be a tad low for bullet drop at that range? If you mess with the sights will you shoot high at normal self defense range 5-10yds?

Many new Kahr shooters find they shoot low initially due to the long trigger pull. If you are new to the gun, watch your trigger pull or shoot a few snap caps to see if it's the gun or you. I've heard a lot of stories about initial shots, usually low and left that correct themselves correcting the trigger pull. I'd take a good look at that first, then mess with the front sight. It's an easy inexpensive replacement if you change your mind, but the rear sight is not cheap and not easy.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    IIRC, Kahrs are set up to shoot heavier projectiles.

Try 124 and 147 grain loads before you tinker with the sights.

Be well.

Top Bottom