• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cnl390

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    I am buying a new carry weapon. And will probably go with one of the above. I have owned a Smith and liked it a lot. However I carry in my jeans pocket and although the Smith fit OK it was a little tight. That is why I am considering the PM9 (or maybe an LCP)
    What do you all think?
    Target Sports

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Tough choice. I have had both and prefer the S&W just because I don't like the double action only with the Kahr. Can't go wrong with either.

Lobo_79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    FWIT I have a Model 637 and a PM9 and neither are really comfortable in my jeans pocket. When I compare the two the PM9 is actually more likely to print than the revolver. To offset this I use an inexpensive Uncle Mike's pocket holster; one without the belt clip. If I have a choice I prefer IWB carry for the PM9 but as you know sometimes that's not a good option.

Between the 637 and the PM9 I'm more likely to carry the PM9 because its easier to carry a spare magazine than to carry a speed loader or handful of loose rounds in your pocket for the revolver.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I carry my PM9 in jeans pocket frequently. As a matter of fact, that and a sports coat breast pocket is about the only places I do carry that gun. That is the reason I got that gun. In a pocket holster, you'll have a bulge, but no gun outline. I have carried my wifes 637 a couple of times, and it works fine too as long as you get ha holster to cover the cylinder and flatten the counter out. It is a bit lighter than the PM9, but the PM9 is thinner. Either should work for you.

MyE_op2.gif

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    PM9 is my daily carry gun, in a Mika pocket holster, usually in cargo shorts ... for me, the jeans I have are too tight to carry comfortably, if wearing jeans I use a Galco paddle holster and cover it with a shirt ... PM9 is a great weapon, mine has been stone reliable since I took it out of the box several years ago ...

Top Bottom