• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Dubna, Russia
    Negotiations "Kalashnikov" with Steven Seagal conducted earlier this year. Then it was assumed that a Hollywood star in the role of the Ambassador brand (advertising faces) famous brand weapons will strengthen its position in the United States - at that time the main sales market, "Kalashnikov". But more than talk is not gone, no preliminary agreements and contracts have not been concluded.

Representatives of the "Kalashnikov" do not exclude the possibility of attracting new advertising face with the bias towards markets in Asia, Africa and Latin America, but about specific applicants speech does not go. In November, the company plans to launch a new brand. (c)

«???????????» ?? ????? ?????? ?????, ????? «????????» ? ???????-???????
    DK Firearms

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    That guy has a reputation for being one of the biggest douchebags in Hollywood and martial arts. Just one of those says a lot. Not to mention he hasn't made a movie anyone's wanted to see in about 20 years.

They're better off without him. If they want to use a famous person's image they should just use Gen. Kalashnikov's.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Didn't o put an embargo or import ban on them?
    If so, why the hell would they need an American ambassador?
    Segal or not.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Didn't o put an embargo or import ban on them?
    If so, why the hell would they need an American ambassador?
    Segal or not.

Overseas it is always a big deal to get a "Big Hollywood Star" even if said "Star" isn't really popular in America anymore.

You should go check out some of the batshit insane Japanese commercials that have been made using actors and actresses that would never shoot a commercial here because that would be considered beneath them. Even Arnold Schwazmispelled has done some.

Never really cared for Seagal. His early movies were all basically the same film. Literally. There was something on TV once where they were showing clips from different Seagal films and I couldn't tell you which was which. Under Siege was decent, but it's been downhill from there.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    The guy is such a douche he doesn't allow the proper pronunciation of his name (it's sea-gul not see-gal), and didn't bother showing up at his father's funeral. No respect...

Eli

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    Back in the late 80's(?) when it was in the media that SS had struck/beat his girlfriend or wife(?); Chuck Norris was on the Tonight Show. Carsen brought up the subject of Martial Arts, and then SS.

Norris looked straight into the camera and said "SS is a WUSSY! (Except he did not use the "w"' ,I was censored) I'll take him on anytime, anyplace!". You could hear a pin drop. And then roaring applause.

Last edited:

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Back in the late 80's(?) when it was in the media that SS had struck/beat his girlfriend or wife(?); Chuck Norris was on the Tonight Show. Carsen brought up the subject of Martial Arts, and then SS.

Norris looked straight into the camera and said "SS is a WUSSY! (Except he did not use the "w"' ,I was censored) I'll take him on anytime, anyplace!". You could hear a pin drop. And then roaring applause.

Kelly labrock

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone

SS picked a fight with Van Damme at a party hosted by Stallone, then never showed when JCVD was waiting for him outside. Stallone confirmed this, which is why I doubt we'll ever see Seagal in an Expendables movie.

SS practices Aikido, which is a joke. Norris would kick his ass any day.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Inks the SNL (or was it mad TV) skits that Harper on SS. That shit was funny.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    According to Lorne Michaels, Steven Seagal was by far the worst host SNL ever had. Rude, stupid, and wanted to do a skit about how it's funny when women get raped.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I didn't mean as a host.

Turns out it was mad TV I was thinking of also. Was gonna post one of the skits but my service isn't good enough to run the YouTube app out here.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    According to Lorne Michaels, Steven Seagal was by far the worst host SNL ever had. Rude, stupid, and wanted to do a skit about how it's funny when women get raped.

And NOW this guy is doing his reality show,"SS Lawman(?)" about him being an actual Sheriff's Deputy in some Louisiana Parish! And claiming to have been doing so for 20 years!

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    SS picked a fight with Van Damme at a party hosted by Stallone, then never showed when JCVD was waiting for him outside. Stallone confirmed this, which is why I doubt we'll ever see Seagal in an Expendables movie.

SS practices Aikido, which is a joke. Norris would kick his ass any day.

Aikido a joke? You apparently know nothing of Aikido.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Aikido a joke? You apparently know nothing of Aikido.

LOL. You must be one of those Aiki-Doh! cult members. They always get so butt-hurt when you tell them their style is bullshit. I know enough about the art to know it's bullshido. In fact, here's a review I wrote for a book called The Essence of Aikido:

This style bills itself as "The non-agressive art of self-defense." It is yet another fighting style with a philosophy tacked on: Love your enemy and respect his body. The goal is to subdue attackers while causing the least amount of damage possible, so that's already a strike against it.

Some people have told me this style is good, but in limited use, such as having to take down a drunken and disorderly friend. To this I ask, "Why hang out with people like that in the first place?" Fighting drunks doesn't take mastery of a martial art, most of the time you can step on their shoe and shove them while holding your foot down. He'll fall. If he's truly a friend, I wouldn't even fight the guy unless he forces me to, and then, he'd get every lick coming to him. He'll understand when he sobers up. I'm straying off topic, but my point is this art has little to justify it's existence. It's mainly taught to people who aren't completely in tune with their survival instincts, or aren't completely in tune with their death-wish.

Another strike against this art is that practitioners don't train to win fights, as winning serves the ego. I have news for you- it also serves you well in a fight! Losing in the sparring ring is par for the course, but to be completely devoid of the desire to win a real fight makes the entire process of learning a martial art pointless. Winning should be the long-term ideal, with learning being the immediate goal. If your students never desire success, you have carte blanche to teach them poor methods. When a style can't hold it's own in the ring or in real life, you can count on it to substitute with loads of spirituality. When a book has the phrase "The Spirit Lives through Aikido" on the cover, that should start to set off your b.s. detector.

Personally, one of the most distasteful aspects of this book is the bowing, which is less of a respectful one and more of a bow of worship. Thanks, but I'll pass. We also have the usual mystical, pseudo-scientific swill associated with outdated martial arts such as accupressure, Ki energy, and a new spin on old b.s.- "Aiki."

Getting into technique, the fighting stance is poor, barely a stance at all and more of just standing with your arms down. Then there are methods of hypnosis designed to convince the student Ki exists, such as the "Unbendable Arm" exercise. The fighting consists of speedy, precise Jiu-Jitsu moves which take years to master - not good to start someone out with. Due to the poor stance, made worse with poor form of attack, all fighters here telegraph like crazy. Some of the pictures are pointless filler- I don't need to see a picture of a guy grabbing his opponent's shoulder to know what it looks like! Others flow in a rigid manner and leave the reader wondering what happened. A poor book and a poor art.

Loving someone who is trying to harm you is a sure way to get your head crushed in. Of course, serious practitioners shouldn't mind that. If I ever get into a fight with an dedicated martial artist, I hope he practices Aikido!

You'd be much better off using Judo, Jiu Jitsu, or even Bruno's Dildo Self-Defense Karate than Aikido. But don't just take my word for it. Here's nine pages of people who've never heard of me who agree:

Aikido?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom