• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hogrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Texas
    Has anyone actually used a Kangaroo holster. I did not see anything about it doing a search on Kangaroo. Just wondering.
    Capitol Armory ad

hogrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Texas
    I'm really looking for someone here that has one of these holsters and can give the pro's and con's of it. I don't really want to be just the second person to try one. I've tried the t-shirt type and don't like them a bit. But I'm still wondering about this Kangaroo for deep concealment though.

38wcf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Linn county, KS
    Just got my Kangaroo yesterday. So far, I've only worn it around the house. Seems like it will be OK.
    Carried a Para P-10 45 for several hours and then a PF9 for a while.
    Have you looked at the ActivePro? I've been using one of them for about a year. Only drawback to it is that the black nylon
    and velcro is pretty hot in the summer.
    But it is great for concealment and, with a snap front western shirt, is pretty quick to draw from.
    Reholstering is not so easy, tho.

MuddyWaterMan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    Have one and love it. Haven't used it overly much , but it easily conceals my full size beretta. I would highly recommend it for those times you need another option.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    I use the Sky Marshal style. I like the strap that holds the pistol in the holster. I carry my XD9SC in this holster and it fits very well and is comfortable. It fits under my armpit and does not show. I have worn it 8 or 9 hours with no problem. I need to wear a t-shirt under it because I don't like it against my skin for a long period of time. Now that its getting hot I will go to my LCP for the summer. This is a really good deep concealment holster for a reasonable price. My 2c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Near Rio Vista, Texas
    I think the lack of responses speaks volumes!

I'm sorry I haven't logged on in a while. I'll respond to the original poster's question.

I bought a standard Kangaroo Carry several months ago. Austin Davis replied to me in an e-mail (after purchase) that part of the fun of owning the holster would be to figure the best adjustment for my particular needs. He was correct.

I normally carry either a S&W Model 637 revolver or a Gen 4 Glock 26 in my rig. Either handgun conceals very well under my left armpit. I usually prefer to wear Wrangler snap-button shirts, and although I'm relatively skinny, the guns do not print through the shirts.

As stated in their advertisements, the Kangaroo Carry is washable. However, since the un-bleached cotton must be air dryed, I am going to order a second holster to wear while the other one is being laundered and dryed.

I had my doubts about the set-up staying in place during daily activities. I have found that once one adjusts the holster for proper carrying, the gun and holster remain in the same spot for the duration of the day.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    I'm sorry I haven't logged on in a while. I'll respond to the original poster's question.

I bought a standard Kangaroo Carry several months ago. Austin Davis replied to me in an e-mail (after purchase) that part of the fun of owning the holster would be to figure the best adjustment for my particular needs. He was correct.

I normally carry either a S&W Model 637 revolver or a Gen 4 Glock 26 in my rig. Either handgun conceals very well under my left armpit. I usually prefer to wear Wrangler snap-button shirts, and although I'm relatively skinny, the guns do not print through the shirts.

As stated in their advertisements, the Kangaroo Carry is washable. However, since the un-bleached cotton must be air dryed, I am going to order a second holster to wear while the other one is being laundered and dryed.

I had my doubts about the set-up staying in place during daily activities. I have found that once one adjusts the holster for proper carrying, the gun and holster remain in the same spot for the duration of the day.

+1

Geoman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Houston
    I have bought 3 of these and so far am not satisfied. The angle of the gun is too vertical and drawing my PX-4 is next to impossible from this position.

The small one is OK for my Beretta .25 but the medium does not work well with my XD-M or the PCX-4. I tried both with the larger version(air marshall) and had the same issues.

YMMV.

If the angle of the holster were less vertical I think it would work a lot better.

FWIW

ZacMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2011
    Sugar Land
    I have a Sky Marshall that my Browning Hi-Power fits in very comfortably. I especially like the placement (under left armpit for right-handed shooters) during long car rides. Both comfortable and accessible, and the hammer doesn't dig into the seatback like in some IWBs. Spend a little time up front getting to know which adjustments work best for you and I'd bet you would be very happy with this choice.

Top Bottom