Join TexasGunTalk

Kavanaugh confirmation hearing

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AustinN4, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Dad_Roman

Dad_Roman Well-Known TGT Supporter

Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Yep, git er done.

Graham said friday that he knew they had 55 already.

Inspector43 likes this.
  2. satx78247

satx78247 TGT Addict

Jun 23, 2014
    busykngt,

The committee's vote should be scheduled on Monday AM, with the vote of the entire Senate on Friday next.

The sooner that the final vote is taken, the judge is seated on the SCOTUS, the sooner the FOOLISHNESS of the DIMocRATS becomes even less important & the fecklessness & FAILURES of the DIMs is front & center for their potential donors to see.

just my OPINION, satx

Inspector43 likes this.
  3. busykngt

busykngt TGT Addict

Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    satx78247 and Dad_Roman like this.
  4. Inspector43

Inspector43 Member

Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    What they are really looking for is evidence they can use in the future against anyone they want to hurt. It is not only a witch hunt for these proceedings. Just get a lot of documents that can be used later.

5. phoenix

phoenix Member

Sep 10, 2014
    I am not the expert on senate policy, but lets say those democrats keep him from being confirmed ( along with a rino republican) can mitch just keep schedling votes? Like every couple days? Also can anyone explain to me how in the hell Tester of MT even has a shot at being reelected? With Manchin ( WV) and Donnelly (IN) they can at least claim "conservative democrat" for how their states are but Tester and McCaskill ( MO) are both rank and file liberals. Seems a vote for them is a vote against trump and he did well in both states. Anyone think the voters of those states are just stupid or am i missing something?

6. satx78247

satx78247 TGT Addict

Jun 23, 2014
    phoenix,

ImVho, Tester & McCaskill are FINISHED already & will be leaving the Senate in Jan 2019.
    (Remember the polls that show them "ahead" are the same polls that assured everyone that Hillary would win the race against President Trump.)

yours, satx

7. SQLGeek

SQLGeek Active Member

Sep 22, 2017
    SW Houston
    Feinstein referred something to the FBI that supposedly happened when Kavanaugh was in high school. Leftists I know are calling this "historic". All I can think is "Are you really this desperate?"

308nato and satx78247 like this.
  8. satx78247

satx78247 TGT Addict

Jun 23, 2014
    SQL Geek,

I would ask them:

1. Do you think that every voter is STUPID enough to believe the foolishness & partisan LIES that you routinely peddle??
    2. Do YOU actually believe what you are claiming??
    and
    3. Don't you understand that the DIMocRATS Party is DYING, as every day less & less voters believe the LIES out of the DNC & DNCC.

yours, satx

308nato likes this.
  9. busykngt

busykngt TGT Addict

Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    satx,
    There’s a lot I agree with you on. However, the so-called “death” of the Democratic Party is not one. I’ve seen your posts espousing the imminent demise of the Democratic Party for at least the last couple of years. I’ve got news for you: the Democrat Party isn’t going anywhere.

Let’s suppose for a moment, you are correct. The Democrat Party is dead. It’s dead... dead as a door nail; it’s kaput, finale, muerto. It took its last breath, on January 8, 2019 and promptly expired. Thus ends the long history of the ‘Democrat Party’ going back exactly 191 years!

What will be the name of the political party that succeeds the name, “Democrat” Party? Because there WILL BE one! And does it make ANY difference, what it’s called? There still will be (and always will be), a voting option to conservatism. Whether you’re talking about fiscal/economic conservatism or social/societal issues, there will always be shades of gray and the body politic that reflects a multitude of those points of view.

satx, when you attempt to advance the notion the “Democrat Party” is dead (or will be), what exactly do you mean? To me, what liberalism is called or how it’s labeled is much less important than knowing, you’re NOT going to be able to fundamentally change human nature to do away with its concepts. Just like conservative values will always exist, so to, will liberal values.

So saying the Democrat Party is dead (or will be shortly) is nonsensical.

yours, busykngt

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 11:48 AM
    roadrunner likes this.
  10. satx78247

satx78247 TGT Addict

Jun 23, 2014
    busykngt,

While there may be an organization that is CALLED "the Democratic Party", imo, it will NOT be "the traditional Democratic Party of the 19th/20th Century", nor will it represent the "common folks" OR be in any way moderate/somewhat conservative.
    Already THOUSANDS of "yellow dog democrats" are leaving or have LEFT the DP & are now Independents & (imo) this trend will continue, as the RADICALS don't want any "input" from anyone who disagrees with their LEFTIST dogma/policies.

Instead the DP of the 21st century will be increasingly FAR LEFT in outlook & policy. The remaining "modern Democrat Party" will also be ANTI-American, "internationalist" & HOSTILE to the religious tenants/faith of Christians & Jews.
    It may well become a PERMANENT minority party & a NEW & moderate political party may appear between the GOP & the "modern social-warrior DIMocRATS" .

yours, satx

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 8:09 PM