• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pipe dreams

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2017
    South TX
    A couple days ago I picked up a 1992 KX250 dirt bike. It's in decent condition with a brand new carburator. Guy said he couldn't get it to stay running right with the new carb .I haven't had time to mess with it yet. I'm going to wrench on it some this weekend. I haven't a dirt bike in years, but I love 2-strokes! My buddy in highschool had a KX500 that was a true beast .
    The only thing about this KX250 is that it has been painted black; frame, forks, plastics. It's all black. I want to restore it it the original green and blue. It also has a FMF pipe and FMF muffler.
    I'm picking up a 2006 KX65 tomorrow. It needs the top end rebuilt; I'm getting it for a great low price. I think it will be perfect for my kids, they are 9 and 12 yes old. I want them to help rebuild it and work on it to learn about mechanics .
    Probably have to seach for another bike so they both can ride at the same time! I figured since I sold my Ducati Diavel a month ago I should at least get a bike for off road. I gave up the Ducati because driving a bike in San Antonio is risky. People do not pay attention and they are always on their phones. I don't think the risk is worth it with my having two young kids. Also last year a friend of mine in Nebraska was riding on her finance's HD. They were wearing protective gear and helmets. As they crossed an intersection another bike ran the light and hit them .the other bike was a young guy going over 100mph. All three were killed on site. My friend was my age and she had 3 kids that were my kids friends. So I guess that hit close to home for me. I'm not at all scared to ride my bike; I miss it.
    Kind of got off topic there. So tell me your thoughts on my new bikes!
    Target Sports

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    Join the Vulcan forum, we will get you straight on that carb issue

Sent from my iPhone with a general disregard for the masses

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Two strokes are murderous-ly simple. Carb, reed valve, and a spark plug. No cam, valves or valve train. There's holes machined into the cylinder wall. Some holes for intake and a couple others for exhaust. It's a really neat engine design with few moving parts.

You'll and the kids will enjoy messing around with it.

pipe dreams

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2017
    South TX
    I got the KX65 today. I haven't got into the engine yet, but the guy said it may need the cylinder resleeved. I found place online where I can ship the cylinder out and they send one back with new sleeve. Does anyone know of a machine shop in San Antonio that can do this? I'm hoping it doesn't need to be resleeved at all and just a honning and top end rebuild.

Top Bottom