• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    She needs to stay in DC. As a senator, she doesn't bother me.

DC, we need her out of Washington. Not as governor though, she would be the perfect mayor for Austin(No offense to you Austinites) but she is as liberal as most of the Austinites and would be perfect for keepin it weird. Seriously, go look at the bills she has sponsored and what she has been doing in Washington and you will start asking yourself " this is the best TEXAS has to offer????
    ARJ Defense ad

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Simple fact of the matter is that no politician will ever be able to meet every requirement I have or anyone elses for that matter. There will always be something they support or do that I don't like since there is not way to ever get someone in office that pleases everyone.

That being said, Rick is who I will vote for, based on the same reassons that have been mentioned in this thread thusfar. I know what to expect, he is pro-gun, he is not KBH, I don't trust KBH.

I think RP is a better fit for us, but I think its going to be a tough road for Rick. I think a lot of people are going to vote for KBH. She will pick up a lot of female votes, and she will pick up a lot of votes because people are pissed at something that Rick did. I hope Rick can pull it out...

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    Simple fact of the matter is that no politician will ever be able to meet every requirement I have or anyone elses for that matter. There will always be something they support or do that I don't like since there is not way to ever get someone in office that pleases everyone.

That being said, Rick is who I will vote for, based on the same reassons that have been mentioned in this thread thusfar. I know what to expect, he is pro-gun, he is not KBH, I don't trust KBH.

I think RP is a better fit for us, but I think its going to be a tough road for Rick. I think a lot of people are going to vote for KBH. She will pick up a lot of female votes, and she will pick up a lot of votes because people are pissed at something that Rick did. I hope Rick can pull it out...

Sounds kinda like how DOHBama got elected doesnt it???????????????

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Gotta Re-elect Perry

I had a problem, contacted KBH's office two times....Nary a word back, "we got your message", go to hell, we are too busy to mess with you, nada.... I wouldn't support her for dogcatcher.

The present Governor has done much for Texas, he's pro gun, he's powerful and while that toll road business turned me off I realize both he and I and the rest of civilization made occasional mistakes.

So its PERRY all the way !!!!

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I have to say Perry has done pretty good over the years. He has screwed the pooch a few times but overall he done well.
    Kay on the other hand is a Washington retard!!!!
    I say we elect DCortez as Governor and send Perry to Washington to plan our secession!!!!!

res1b3uq

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    questionaire/request for money from rep. party

I got one of these today- I usually file 'em in 13, but today I fired up the old word processor and gave them a piece of my mind. I'm sure they will only determine that there are no funds in the envelope and discard it, but at least I got to vent a little.

Phoebe Ann

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Houston ish
    Someone tell me something that Gov. Perry has done. Not what he stands for, if he's "pro-gun", etc. What has he done? I await...

Regarding Bill White, he'll not throw his hat in the governor's race. He holds more power as Mayor of Houston than Perry has as Gov of Texas. It would be a step down for him to run for gov of Texas. His next campaign will be for U.S. Senate. Bill White is a Democrat but his administration is close to that of a Republican. He is pro-business, led Houston to record job growth during a difficult time, has led very effective recoveries during natural disasters and is pro-green (not talking MJ). I would work for this guy's campaign. Pray tell me Bill White would not become corrupt in Washington. I want to believe one, just one, politician would be clean. But I'm not sure it's possible.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Someone tell me something that Gov. Perry has done. Not what he stands for, if he's "pro-gun", etc. What has he done? I await...

He's signed bills that lowered corporate taxes which has attracted alot of businesses to Texas, reduced the state's budget by more than 10% which has led to a surplus in state funds every year which allowed Texas to lower a number of taxes across the board, he rejected the Federal stimulus in favor of protecting our rights, etc.

He's done alot of good, but has made some rather controversial choices as well. No politician is perfect, but Perry is far from bad in my opinion.

He also signed a bill that reaffirmed the 10th Amendment.

He holds more power as Mayor of Houston than Perry has as Gov of Texas.

He has no ability to veto state legislation, and has the power of appointment to many boards. He may control a large city with the backing of city council, but to say he has more power than the Governor is stretching things quite a bit.

His next campaign will be for U.S. Senate. Bill White is a Democrat but his administration is close to that of a Republican. He is pro-business, led Houston to record job growth during a difficult time, has led very effective recoveries during natural disasters and is pro-green (not talking MJ). I would work for this guy's campaign. Pray tell me Bill White would not become corrupt in Washington. I want to believe one, just one, politician would be clean. But I'm not sure it's possible.

No politician is clean. They are all human and prone to corruption.

He won't run for Governor because he knows he will not win. Instead, he can run in his contingency powerhouse and secure a Federal seat.

He sounds like a Blue-Dog Democrat. That's both good, and bad, but if he replaces KBH, then I can't see it being that bad of a trade.

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    You cannot please all of the people all of the time. As a politician, you are called upon to vote for things that may put you on the outs with some of your constituents but will make you a hero with the others. At that point you have to vote for what you think is right for your state(or in some cases, whoever is paying you the most) I think that is what Rick has done. He has made some decisions that some of us dont like and some of us did, but he had to make them based upon what he felt was the right thing to do.

On the other hand, the current administration in Washington is off on their own, knowing damn good and well that the majority of people dont want this crap they are pushing through, and they have said repeatedly, that they dont care, we are doing it anyway. That is the f'd up part.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom