• ...and so much more!
  • navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Hey I guess I'm still a little on the fence but, when Perry mandated the HPV that was a deal killer for me. You can't get any more Washington than that, also just recently they passed a law in Texas that says during a emergency if you don't evacuate you go to jail.
    Again if thats not Washingtons mentality I don't know what is, I'm afraid their mentality is already here.

Perry got some bad advice on the HPV thing. His heart was in the right place, wanting to protect young girls/women from HPV and possibly cervical cancer. He just didn't think through the ramifications of making it mandatory. Had he just offered it with consent of the parents it would have been a different story.

As for KBH, as others have already stated, she's a DC insider and full of herself. Last year her and her husband are listed as give a measly 1% of the 3,000,000 income to charity. Were as Perry gave 13%~ of his $278,000 income, which included all of the $30,000 raise he received. KBH is stingy. She is very liberal for a Republican, and I've said it before, I would not be greatly surprised if she jumped the isle. I can't see what she would possibly bring to Texas as governor.

Now, what is it you see so great about her?
    Hurley's Gold

pheet17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Baytown, Texas
    Now, what is it you see so great about her?

I was just about to ask that. Seems plenty of you are questioning Perry, but have added no insight as to why you think KBH is a choice. Please, let us know why you feel this way. You're not going to change my opinion, but at least I could begin to understand what you are thinking.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    KBH is a joke I do not like Perry all the time and if someone else gets into position to win that I think will do a better job I'll vote for them. Besides a ill thought out lie like not being able to shoot at an indoor range because it's raining. She has jump the isle in her voting before, it all depends on who looks like they are going to win. She doesn't vote on issues she votes on popularity, and last I checked congress was not high school. Okay bad example but you get the idea. What did Perry do to piss me off, toll roads, the HPV thing, the other money grabs he has been a part of, his little act on that dash cam video, the immanent domain, and the trans Texas Corridor (the Texas super highway). But I will not and I mean not with a pistol in my ear vote for KBH over Rick Perry.

res1b3uq

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    At least we know about Perry's warts. KBH is an unknown, relating to the direction of the state. The main thing we have to do is be sure a democrat (shudder) does not get in.

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    When it comes to 2A
    She'll blow which ever way the wind blows on the subject. Perry will not.
    Agreed that KBH moves with the wind. But as said like below Perry has pulled some jacked up crap as well.

Hey I guess I'm still a little on the fence but, when Perry mandated the HPV that was a deal killer for me. You can't get any more Washington than that, also just recently they passed a law in Texas that says during a emergency if you don't evacuate you go to jail.
    Again if thats not Washingtons mentality I don't know what is, I'm afraid their mentality is already here.

Perry has had his moments and some lack of good common sense but overall has done a good job IMO.
    More than once he has pissed me off and had me screaming mad but at this point he is the best we have to offer.
    KBH is a Washington dumb-ass who is clueless and worthless IMO and the rest that are running haven't the skill nor experience there again IMO.
    I am willing to see / listen to Medina. I personally want just about every encumbent to be booted.

I realize this isn't on the state level but check out:
    [URL="http://www.blowoutcongress.com"]www.blowoutcongress.com[/URL]

Let the politicians fear what we will do, and not us fearing what the politicians are going to do.

Craig

ldcarson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Ok guys I have to ask the next question...if KBH is a joke, which many of you say...why does Texas keep electing her as a Senator...Thats a very powerful position at the national level, is it because no one worth a crap has run?

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Because she's an incumbent. In the special election in 1993 she ran against a goggle of candidates, but subsequent election saw virtually no republican opposition, and she got in on the landslide republican vote for the Bush administration in Texas. She considered running for gov in 2006, but got scared off by the popularity of Perry.

Top Bottom