• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Well, the wife has been eyeballing the new Lincoln Aviator, so we bought her one this afternoon, and picking it up tomorrow....it's the "Reserve II" model, with about every option they offer (HUD, dynamic handling, illumination package,etc) - it's amazing how quickly it adds up....lol

One nice thing about this quarantine - I used it to our advantage to drive the price down a lot more than they normally want to do. Did everything by text, including printing off their offer sheet, scratching throught their numbers and writing in my own w/a sharpie, then "Customer will buy TODAY at this price". Yeah - I purposely put it WAY low, and waited for them to counter-offer. Ended up w/a nice discount and a happy wife, so life can continue!
    Military Camp

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Well....seems the unit we selected has a defective rear hatch release. Been getting jerked around about when they'd have the part in (went from "this evening" to tomorrow to "We don't know"). Finally told the salesman to put me a quote together on another one yesterday....crickets. So, I call a Dallas dealer, who SMOKED their offer AND said they'd deliver it. Called the salesman here both this morning and again this afternoon....told him we need information back - once again, nothing. Screw him - if he doesn't give me an answer by tomorrow morning @ 9 am, I'm calling the Dallas dealership and telling them to bring the damned car.

Other than THAT, I'm having a wonderful day......lol

Surplus Guy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    Hood County
    Well, the wife has been eyeballing the new Lincoln Aviator, so we bought her one this afternoon, and picking it up tomorrow....it's the "Reserve II" model, with about every option they offer (HUD, dynamic handling, illumination package,etc) - it's amazing how quickly it adds up....lol

One nice thing about this quarantine - I used it to our advantage to drive the price down a lot more than they normally want to do. Did everything by text, including printing off their offer sheet, scratching throught their numbers and writing in my own w/a sharpie, then "Customer will buy TODAY at this price". Yeah - I purposely put it WAY low, and waited for them to counter-offer. Ended up w/a nice discount and a happy wife, so life can continue!
    Good time to buy and great vehicle. Wife drives a 2017 Lincoln MKC with Reserve package. Nicest car we have ever owned. The Reserve has just about everything offered with exception of all wheel drive and a larger engine. The Turbo runs like a scalded ape. Lincoln is a head of the pack on driver assist options as well. Damn thing will even parallel park itself.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Good time to buy and great vehicle. Wife drives a 2017 Lincoln MKC with Reserve package. Nicest car we have ever owned. The Reserve has just about everything offered with exception of all wheel drive and a larger engine. The Turbo runs like a scalded ape. Lincoln is a head of the pack on driver assist options as well. Damn thing will even parallel park itself.

We use her car for road trips - for the amount of luggage momma likes to have along, the smaller MK's just don't do it for us. Had the MKX - loved the vehicle, but just not enough for luggage. The MKT has been great - but the new camera system is a VERY nice feature, and I wouldn't do without adaptive cruise control EVER again....lol!! And yeah - that auto-park feature IS nice! We don't use it often, but when we do, I love it. The new one has the seat adjustments will blow your mind - and the massage option (we haven't really messed with that yet) are supposed to be nice.

Surplus Guy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    Hood County
    We use her car for road trips - for the amount of luggage momma likes to have along, the smaller MK's just don't do it for us. Had the MKX - loved the vehicle, but just not enough for luggage. The MKT has been great - but the new camera system is a VERY nice feature, and I wouldn't do without adaptive cruise control EVER again....lol!! And yeah - that auto-park feature IS nice! We don't use it often, but when we do, I love it. The new one has the seat adjustments will blow your mind - and the massage option (we haven't really messed with that yet) are supposed to be nice.
    I did not know Lincoln offered a massage option!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Keep us apprised how you like it. It's on my short list.

We did an extended test drive on it for several days - it's what sold us on it. NOT a fan of the gear shift "keyboard", but the technology and other things on this vehicle (momma's on the short side, so the option to lower the vehicle when you park it is really handy for her) are just something else. They REALLY did their homework on this one - and the new GPS system actually WORKS. I've cursed the Lincoln GPS systems for years - to the point that I'd actually use my Garmin rather than the onboard system. Not so with the new one. And they redid the controls - like the radio now has actual knobs for volume and tuning. They found that people just didn't like the "sweep" type controls - and did something about it. A really NICE mix of new and old, using the best of both, IMO.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I did not know Lincoln offered a massage option!

Yup. And I have to admit - on the service side, Lincoln really lives up to their word. Couple of years ago, we were heading on a weekend trip - as we left the house, the a/c on the MKT went TU. Drove to the dealership down the road, they put us in a new MKT to drive while they worked on hers. Oil change? They'll come pick it up and return it when done, or porter you back and forth. The service department is what's been REALLY nice. We've had flats on the road - they send a contracted service provider out, he gets you going/changes your tire, etc. Hell - last service, they decided the wipers were getting old and replaced them - no charge.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Sounds like Ford is going the way of the Germans. "My BMW is always in the shop, but they rub my nuts so well it's like the GREATEST CAR EVER!"
    :)

The a/c thing was a fluke - and the only issue we had, other than a few flats on the road - for which they sent service to handle it (and replaced two tires at NO charge, along with a rim at n/c).

I don't see those as "problems"......

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Oh - I forgot to mention....the dealership is delivering the car to us this afternoon. Kinda hard to complain about that level of service. Yes - they want to make the sale, but we were prepared to drive up Saturday morning. Have a feeling that the sales manager didn't want to risk the other folks here suddenly coming up with another unit and trying to work their way back in. At this point, it wouldn't have worked.....but I can understand their concern.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    We almost bought an Explorer Platinum. It was a nice vehicle but not $63k nice. We ended up buying a Lexus instead and for less money to boot and it’s is heads and shoulders above the Explorer in nearly every aspect except performance.

Plus Sewell Lexus ended up living up to all the hype. I hate buying new cars, haven’t done it in 15 years. But this was by far the easiest, most professional buying experience i’ve ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    The a/c thing was a fluke - and the only issue we had, other than a few flats on the road - for which they sent service to handle it (and replaced two tires at NO charge, along with a rim at n/c).

I don't see those as "problems"......
    ... and the hatch release on the new one.

I'm just busting on you, because your upbeat tone coupled with the short list of problems gave me a chuckle. It's the same types of things ignorant owners of Toyota/Lexus and German makes will say. "I love my BMW, such a wonderful car!" "Oh really? Where is it?" "Oh it's in the shop"

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    ... and the hatch release on the new one.

I'm just busting on you, because your upbeat tone coupled with the short list of problems gave me a chuckle. It's the same types of things ignorant owners of Toyota/Lexus and German makes will say. "I love my BMW, such a wonderful car!" "Oh really? Where is it?" "Oh it's in the shop"

It's okay.....I've got a baseball bat with your name all over it....lol. Yeah - the latch system IS a known issue, but the one they delivered this afternoon works fine - at least, so far. We're spoiled - the dealer is (literally) around the corner from us - 1.2 miles away. And their service department has always exceeded our expectations, so I'm not all that concerned. Besides.....it's got a 5 year warranty <evil grin>.

Main thing is - the better half is happy!

4-28-20 New Aviator.jpg

Attachments

• 4-28-20 New Aviator.jpg
      4-28-20 New Aviator.jpg
      193.3 KB · Views: 352
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member