• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Sounds like Ford is going the way of the Germans. "My BMW is always in the shop, but they rub my nuts so well it's like the GREATEST CAR EVER!"

:)

Whoa whoa whoa he said LINCOLN. They do not associate with those commoners that drive Fords. :P

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    It's okay.....I've got a baseball bat with your name all over it....lol. Yeah - the latch system IS a known issue, but the one they delivered this afternoon works fine - at least, so far. We're spoiled - the dealer is (literally) around the corner from us - 1.2 miles away. And their service department has always exceeded our expectations, so I'm not all that concerned. Besides.....it's got a 5 year warranty <evil grin>.

Main thing is - the better half is happy!

View attachment 211839
    Looks good. That rear angle reminds me of a Range Rover and the grille is reminiscent of Jag. Good looking truck. I’m a big of the new Navigators, not so much the price.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

ImVho, Lincoln division of FOMOCO has always made a NICE car (and now, trucks).

For about 15 years, there was always a Lincoln in our driveway, though I also always had at least one vintage Mercedes of one sort or another.

My latest acquisition is a 1992 Town Car with about 70,000 actual miles that was first owned by a funeral parlor in Dallas & then was "passed over" to the widow of one of the firm's partners.

I am astounded by how nearly NEW that the old TC looks after 28 years, after replacing a few "usual suspects" that are considered to be "wear-out items" and thoroughly cleaning it from nose to rear bumper., both inside & out.

So far, my only "aggravation" has been constantly asked "to put a price on it", every time that I stop for gas or go to a store to shop. = I did NOT look for over 6 months for a "well cared for" example of that series of TC to simply "make a fast buck" upon it.

NOTE: One of our members was kind enough to fetch the car from the shop where it was parked & take it to his farm until my mechanic & I could retrieve it, replace the fuel pump, top-p some fluids & change the spark plugs. = After a few minutes on the road, the engine smoothed out & we arrived home in San Antonio before suppertime W/O incident.
    To quote my lady, "Chris is a PEACH of a fellow."

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    An' before any of you miscreants get any ideas - no you can not test drive the '58!! lol

TexasRedneck,

Some of us (like me for example) were miscreants when we entered kindergarten. = Janet Sue Fox & I were frequently smacked in elementary school for smooching at school.

yours satx

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    TexasRedneck,

Some of us (like me for example) were miscreants when we entered kindergarten. = Janet Sue Fox & I were frequently smacked in elementary school for smooching at school.

yours satx
    Ahhhhhh never mind.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Looks good. That rear angle reminds me of a Range Rover and the grille is reminiscent of Jag. Good looking truck. I’m a big of the new Navigators, not so much the price.

Thanks. Mama actually liked the Navigator, as well (she used to hate it when it was so boxy). When she went to test drive it, she couldn't see over the steering wheel.......lol

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    For kissing?!??

Dude, you HAVE needed to up your game for a while!!!

TexasRedneck,

And YOU were doing more than KISSING with ANY girl in 3rd or 4th grade???
    (I got my tail-end tanned several times for getting caught kissing her at school. - It was WORTH every single "lick" that i got from the principal, too.)

Fyi, Janet Sue (a "Cajun princess" from Marathon, LA) had the figure of a 16YO HS girl at age 10-11. = EARLY BLOOMING ROSE, below her waist length inky-black hair & "pretty as a picture", too.
    (We went to kindergarten together & were "deeply in LIKE" by 4th to 6th grades. - We made "plans for our future together", flirted, kissed/hugged, held hands & walked to & from grade school every day. = Summer were spent together out at the lake.)
    NOTE: The late 1950s & early 1960s were REALLY INNOCENT, compared to now.
    (BOTH of our mothers were vastly relieved that Mr. Fox was transferred to South America, as they were TERRIFIED that we WOULD stay together & maybe even marry. = She was RC & I'm Baptist. - "Mixed marriages" were a BIG DEAL, way back then.)

Her family were "oilfield folks" (Mr. Fox ran a "mud company".) back then & she moved to Maracaibo, VZ at the end of 6th grade. We wrote terrible/MUSHY "love notes" back & forth for over a year & then finally stopped writing.
    I next saw her when I was in grad school in 1976, when she returned to Camp County for a cousin's funeral. = We drove out to THE POINT & "ate ourselves silly" on catfish/fries/Caddo relish, etc. that night & then talked far into the night.
    (At our 25th school reunion a school friend, Pamela D________, asked me about her. I told Pamela that I had neither seen nor heard from her in about a decade or more. Another former classmate said, "Janet Sue & I 'keep up with each other'. - She's married to a dermatologist from San Diego, California & has 10 or 12 kids & a bunch of grandkids."
    (I've heard ZILCH of her since then.)

NICE MEMORIES of a VERY NICE LADY.

yours, satx

Last edited:
    Top Bottom