• ...and so much more!
  • Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Tell me oh great & wonderful gun gurus, why wouldn't they have made magnum capable?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Tell me oh great & wonderful gun gurus, why wouldn't they have made magnum capable?

It would be really hard to make a semi-auto work with both magnum and LR. Mag issues would be a major problem, as well as slide travel. You’d have to swap a lot of parts and it would probably still jam nearly as often as a 1911.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    It would be really hard to make a semi-auto work with both magnum and LR. Mag issues would be a major problem, as well as slide travel. You’d have to swap a lot of parts and it would probably still jam nearly as often as a 1911.
    See, that's why I summoned the gurus (IOW showed how little I know). I was thinking of my LR/mag revolver but I do have to change cylinders.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Most of Keltec reliability issues are internet gun mall ninja that dont own them and just crap on them because they cant walk in the LGS and pick them up.

I own 6 kel tec weapons none over 10 years old and have had almost no problems with them and the problems I did have were my fault. I have never had to send one in for repair and the few times I needed parts KT just sent them to me.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I have had several KelTec guns over the years and they all worked like they were supposed to. I currently own a Sub2K that works and shoots great.
    I bought a PF-9 from a pawn shop once and that gun had obviously been mistreated. So bad it wouldn't fire and I tried every trick that I knew and I couldn't remove the slide. I returned it to KelTec and asked for an estimate to repair it. They sent me a brand new PF-9 with my old serial number on it. No charge.

jar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    The Valley
    Old Man Talking...

I just can't warm up to most of the newer guns. They simply have no soul or flair; they are lifeless.

While visual appeal should not override function, is there any reason that something can no longer be both functional and beautiful? Unless there is some advantage to the modern handguns, particularly the semi-automatics, that is not available in the millions of already existing functional handguns that are also good looking I'll continue to pass.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Old Man Talking...

I just can't warm up to most of the newer guns. They simply have no soul or flair; they are lifeless.
    As another old man talking, I say most of the new guns have no pride of ownership. But, there's always some that just don't get it.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Today is all about manufacturing speed and the basic handgun shape fits that category.

Old Man Talking...

While visual appeal should not override function, is there any reason that something can no longer be both functional and beautiful? Unless there is some advantage to the modern handguns, particularly the semi-automatics, that is not available in the millions of already existing functional handguns that are also good looking I'll continue to pass.

Top Bottom