• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A_FIVE-O

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    I shot my buddy's P3AT and didn't like it. I bought the LCP last year, but ended up selling it. IMO it was better built than the P3AT, but it was too small for me. The trigger pull was too long and it would jump out of my hand every time I pulled the trigger. I ended up buying a Kahr PM9 which I freakin' love. You should take a look at the Kel-Tec PF9, its a tad bigger. If its between the Kel-Tec or Ruger I would go with the Ruger. Just my .2 cents.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I got a kel tec. I don't love the gun, but I don't think I'd love the Ruger any more.

I think the Ruger is a nicer gun, but they are both carry guns. it is going to get scratched up. The trigger is long and pretty heavy on my kel tec, but I don't think the Ruger is any better.

That being said, I can carry my kel tec anywhere, as long as I wear a belt.

I was able to find a kel tec, and I wasn't able to find a Ruger. I was also able to get it for a bit over 100 dollars cheaper. (now finding 380 auto right now . . . . . . .)

I'd rather have my G19, but it beats nothing.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I don't know the Ruger but you can buy little magazine finger extensions for the Kel Tec. They really do make the little gun much more controllable. But I doubt either will ever be fun to shoot.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Humble, TX
    Academy had it for $349. It came with an extra magazine, gun luck (of course) and a pretty neat plastic box for storage. More expensive than the Kel-Tec I know but I got what I could find. Now just to find some ammo....geesh.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I have both guns - The KT P3AT (one of the early ones I bought new when they first came out) had a few tough break in problems, but is running smooth now...even without being sent in for factory modifications.

I like the LCP better, as it is finished nicer and ran fine out of the box with no problems (it's a 370 series with diamond stamp). Paid $329 for it at Academy in early December before the MSRP went up $20. I carry it in a Desantis Nemisis pocket holster ($18 at Cabelas).

Just got some Monarch .380 94 gr JHP @$15.99/box of 50 at Academy in Round Rock. They had just rolled it off the delivery truck by 11:30 Friday morning.

Good shootin' with yours!

wayneside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    almost picked up an LCP today...held it in my hand and it is just way too small...guess i have to stick with the bersa 380. i was hoping to get the lcp because it is much smaller. on the bright side...academy in corpus christi was stocking up on monarch 380 when i got there...woo hoo!

AR1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    I have one of each. The Ruger looks nicer, but the slide is loose like an old 1911
    The Keltec works fine and is grippier.
    I think both almost require the pinkie extension for the mag. Makes a big diff in control.

TxSteel54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Northeast Texas
    I bought a Kel-Tec PF9 back in January. I will say this....for what the PF9 is engineered for (concealed carry) it's a good weapon. This is not a "fun shoot" gun that you would want to put thousands of rounds through.....but I carry this firearm NOT to put thousands of rounds through, but to (1) Be there when I need it and (2) Be easily concealed. With those 2 categories, a PF9 is a good gun at a reasonable price (about $300 new).

hk boy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    TxSteel54 is 100% right about the PF9
    I like the PF9 because it shoots 9mm--a respectable defensive round
    it is a low cost weapon that I won't mind too much if it gets beat up while
    carrying.
    :cool::cool:

Every Day Man
    Tyrant