• ...and so much more!
  • jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    Picked up a new Kel Tec PMR 30 a couple of weeks ago. This is a 22 Magnum with 2 - 30 round magazines. I found some ammo at a fairly reasonable price and took it to the range today. What a sweet shooting gun. Hope I can find some more ammo at a good price.
    It has fiber optic front and rear sights that are really good. It shoots good and has little kick but has a very powerful muzzle flash.
    Here are a few pictures including the muzzle flash

Kel Tek 1 (1).jpg
    Kel Tek 1 (2).jpg
    Kel Tek 1 (3).JPG
    Texas SOT

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    What price is it these days?
    The cheapest I found is Fiocchi $17 for a box of 50 but only had 4 boxes.
    I found 1 box of Aquila for $18 but had thin brass and split in front of the primer when shot
    I hope I can find some quality 22 mag for a better price soon because the PMR 3o is really fun to shoot
    BTW Moonpie, I am really pleased with the H&R I bought from you. It shoots well and I have more 22lr than any other ammo

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    My PMR-30 like the CCI Maxi-Mag ammo.
    I shoot it in the CMR-30 as well.
    Both are a hoot.

Good to hear the little H&R is working out with you.
    Darn shame they aren’t made any longer.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I love my PMR30, the trigger is pretty sweet for a striker fired pistol. I prefer 30gr Vmax in mine. I know the manufacturer says 40gr blah blah blah, but until you feed it a variety of ammo, youll see what she likes. I will tell you it dont like the 45gr personal defense rounds until you work the feedramp & polish it up. Then she'll eat anything.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I love my PMR30, the trigger is pretty sweet for a striker fired pistol. I prefer 30gr Vmax in mine. I know the manufacturer says 40gr blah blah blah, but until you feed it a variety of ammo, youll see what she likes. I will tell you it dont like the 45gr personal defense rounds until you work the feedramp & polish it up. Then she'll eat anything.

That thing was fun as hell to shoot.

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    I've had mine for about 5 years now and put roughly 3,000 expensive but extremely fun rounds through it. I love to use it varmint hunting. I have a buddy that likes to bring a couple of boxes of his own ammo to shoot through it when we go to the range together. He recently bought one to use as his carry weapon. He carries it in a shoulder holster with two extra mags inside the waistband. He figures that if he dumps 90 rounds of the Hornady Critical Defense into a bad guy and he doesn't stop, he will take whats coming from him. To each his own!!!

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    I had one of these for a while, and just couldn't get it to feed a whole magazine reliably. I gently radiused the chamber mouth, etc, but at least one out of each magazine would feed about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way into the chamber and stop. I could nudge the slide rearward and release it, and it would feed on in. Looking back, I suppose it could have been a rough breech face, but I didn't even look at that. I finally moved it along in favor of something else.
    I still like the idea of them, and would like to have another, if I could get it to feed reliably.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I had one when they were first released. It had the keyhole issue, so it went back to Keltec. When I got it back they forgot to put the plastic buffer back in, so I couldn't shoot it. Took them a month to get me one. Once I got it I was already over it and sold it off. I'd like it more if ammo wasn't so expensive. It's cheaper to just shoot 9mm.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I had the issue with out of battery firing with mine that was manufactured in 2019. Sent it in, they fixed it. Took it to the range for the first time since repairs yesterday.

I put 50 rounds through it with zero issues. They put the “enhanced” barrel on it. It shot very tight groups. 50 rounds in 3-4.”

Last edited:

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Evidently the older models have problems but can be fixed by Kel Tec factory. The original magazine did not push up high enough into the loading chamber but that is fixed now.
    I took mine to the range today and shot 50 rounds with no problems. Fun to shoot and the muzzle flash is awesome. The guy next to me thought I was shooting a 45 or higher caliper.
    I hope it continues to function good after numerous rounds.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Neat idea, but i don't think I've seen 2 in a row that worked ok. This includes a few that have taken multiple trips back to kel-tec, different brands of ammo, etc.

Top Bottom