• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Well, I ordered one. I'll let you know if I love it or hate it.
    I ordered it from Hesters Gun Shop website here in the Palestine area. I've heard good things about them.
    I don't think I'll regret it.
    I'm sure another PCC will follow shortly. That Stribog.. hmmmm
    Go ahead now and order the upgrades fr MCARBO! Youll love it
    DK Firearms

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    Well, I ordered one. I'll let you know if I love it or hate it.
    I ordered it from Hesters Gun Shop website here in the Palestine area. I've heard good things about them.
    I don't think I'll regret it.
    I'm sure another PCC will follow shortly. That Stribog.. hmmmm

The Hesters are good folks. It’s a small mom & pop set up but they get it done. I’ve done business with them a few times & have been very pleased.

The folks that have the gun shop out in Buffalo are top notch too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    When the Sub2000 first came on to the market it was plagued with failure to feed/eject issues, I had one, sold it because the issues......

Those issues have been resolved with the newer guns.....

If you want one buy it......if you decide it isn't for you, sell it or trade it.............

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Fun gun, takes Glock mags, never had any issues with it, shoots where you aim, and you can customize the hell out it if you wanna.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    I wanted to love my Sub 2000. It functioned fine and was accurate, but I never have been gassed in the face by anything as bad as that Sub2k. I'm left handed and that thing would blow burning powder directly back in my face. Even with eye pro it was still uncomfortable for me. Had to move it along down the line. Can't imagine how much gas would come out of the charging port running a suppressor.

I've got the 40 S&W version of the Sub 2k and shoot LH as well as suppressed. Never had any gas in the face issues. Only complaint is the spent brass will hit my right arm depending on how I'm holding the forearm. Not an issue with long sleeves or a jacket, but wearing a short sleeve shirt will leave you with some brass burns.

Out of the box there are several things that I didn't care for with the Sub 2k. Flimsy plastic trigger, plastic feed ramp, heavy trigger pull, etc..
    I purchased and installed almost every replacement part that MCARBO offered for the Sub 2k before I ever fired a round out of it. It was money well spent!

Getting a good cheek weld on the Sub 2k can be a challenge when using the factory open sights. I installed the flip away optics mount on mine with a RDS and solved that issue.
    The lack of a decent recoil pad is something else that I solved. This little carbine will leave your shoulder black & blue, I modified a Kick-Ez shotgun recoil pad, and epoxied it to the butt stock.

I also have a Ruger PC carbine in 40 S&W. While it is a good gun, it really doesn't compare evenly with the Sub 2k. It's a lot bigger, and twice as heavy as the Sub 2k. While it does come apart, it takes up more space to store it, and takes longer to assemble it than the Sub 2k. The factory trigger sucks, but Volquartzen offers a great replacement.

Both guns are pretty accurate!

ydHjWBN.jpg

ZenDaddy9mm

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2022
    The Hesters are good folks. It’s a small mom & pop set up but they get it done. I’ve done business with them a few times & have been very pleased.

The folks that have the gun shop out in Buffalo are top notch too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yes they are!
    I visited the Buffalo shop to buy my membership to the Leon County Gun Club.
    Great folks. Great shop too.

I am excited to visit Hesters. With their website as big as Buds but no shipping or transfer, and them around the corner, I may be in trouble$.

Last edited:

ZenDaddy9mm

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2022
    I've got the 40 S&W version of the Sub 2k and shoot LH as well as suppressed. Never had any gas in the face issues. Only complaint is the spent brass will hit my right arm depending on how I'm holding the forearm. Not an issue with long sleeves or a jacket, but wearing a short sleeve shirt will leave you with some brass burns.

Out of the box there are several things that I didn't care for with the Sub 2k. Flimsy plastic trigger, plastic feed ramp, heavy trigger pull, etc..
    I purchased and installed almost every replacement part that MCARBO offered for the Sub 2k before I ever fired a round out of it. It was money well spent!

Getting a good cheek weld on the Sub 2k can be a challenge when using the factory open sights. I installed the flip away optics mount on mine with a RDS and solved that issue.
    The lack of a decent recoil pad is something else that I solved. This little carbine will leave your shoulder black & blue, I modified a Kick-Ez shotgun recoil pad, and epoxied it to the butt stock.

I also have a Ruger PC carbine in 40 S&W. While it is a good gun, it really doesn't compare evenly with the Sub 2k. It's a lot bigger, and twice as heavy as the Sub 2k. While it does come apart, it takes up more space to store it, and takes longer to assemble it than the Sub 2k. The factory trigger sucks, but Volquartzen offers a great replacement.

Both guns are pretty accurate!

ydHjWBN.jpg
    That is looking good!
    I am definitely going to add the heavier charging handle, a good butt pad, and maybe a brake. But I think I will leave the open sights and add a light and laser.

I am impressed with the mcarbo optic mount and may add it later.
    Have you had any issue with it staying dialed in? It seems like all the moving parts might lead to some slop.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I used to have one. Now, my go to would be be a carbine AR-15 with a Law Folder and a Cry Havoc QRB Takedown if I was trying to backpack. You can also carry a CMMG 22LR conversion kit fairly easily which means you have a nice 223 rifle or a cheapy plinker / survival option shooting 22LR.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    That is looking good!
    I am definitely going to add the heavier charging handle, a good butt pad, and maybe a brake. But I think I will leave the open sights and add a light and laser.

I am impressed with the mcarbo optic mount and may add it later.
    Have you had any issue with it staying dialed in? It seems like all the moving parts might lead to some slop.

No problems at all with the optics mount. Never noticed any movement from my set zero since I first dialed it in several years ago.
    Nice thing is it swings out of the way so you can still fold the gun in half, and you can also still use the factory sights if wanted.

f6nu8jc.jpg

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Check the mcarbo website
    I did, actually. I should've left more context to go along with the ponderance. My allusion centers around the practice of buying something inexpensive/cheap but then having to sink $$$ into it to make it good (different from personalizing it).

I concede the point that we all have different tastes but it raises my eyebrows when it is suggested that you have to replace the screws the firearm is assembled with because the factory made questionable choices,

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I have the 9mm gen 2, Glock mags, shoots everything I put into it. I have no mods and don’t care about them. Never had a failure. It’s cheaply made and it works. What other rifle folds up so small? Glock 34 round mags make a tough combo. My complaint is it’s tough to get a good cheek weld down to the sites. I hear it is tough on lefty’s and bearded folks. New constitution carry laws bar entry with 30.05 signs as rifles are banned with 30.05. Thank you stupid legislators.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I did, actually. I should've left more context to go along with the ponderance. My allusion centers around the practice of buying something inexpensive/cheap but then having to sink $$$ into it to make it good (different from personalizing it).

I concede the point that we all have different tastes but it raises my eyebrows when it is suggested that you have to replace the screws the firearm is assembled with because the factory made questionable choices,
    Completely different from buying a Glock or Sig or AR, and then customizing it, right?
    Also, you don't HAVE to replace the screws, but you could. Same as you don't HAVE to replace the Glock factory sights, but you can. Or you can leave "eh, it works, good enough" alone.

Top Bottom