• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Surprised no one posted yet. I like mine and I got an early one after waiting on the list. I have used the mini shells with no issues as well. I think some early models had some issues with the bottom rail breaking off because it was plastic but I think KelTec redesigned that. Mine has been fine and it has a lifetime warranty anyway. KT Customer service is pretty good. I also have a RDB that had to go back twice to get it running right. No issues with the KSG. Like most pumps, you don't baby the action. I took mine to the range and had several of our folks run it with no issue. Compact shotgun with no stamp, what is not to like. I would have one before I bought those silly pistol grip shotguns everyone seems to be buying.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I thought about posting. I dunno...the problem I see with one of these is the price. I have never had one. Used one. For the price I just can't do it.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    My buddy had one, I put a few rounds thru it.

I like the design and concept.

But at this point in my pussified life, the only shotguns I want to shoot are semi-autos with gas or some other recoil reduction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    A buddy has one. It shoots fine. We even shot some skeet targets with it.
    The action is a bit stiff. Don't be shy when you shuck it. It needs to be MAN-handled.
    It's quite heavy when fully loaded.
    The forward sling mount is poorly placed. His is now somewhat frayed.
    It's fun to shoot.
    I still prefer my old Mossberg 500.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    If you get one, get a vertical foregrip with it. The slide is kind of bulky and slick to handle.

The only downfalls I've seen with them are you have to man handle it to the point you may find yourself thinking more about the gun than where you're shooting, because if you don't then it has a tendency to short stroke. Also, the shell eject port shoots downward and has been known to tear up a wrist or two.

Other than that, solid gun. Easy to clean. It will be an eye catcher for sure.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

pipe dreams

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2017
    South TX
    I had one but sold it. I liked it. Just don't overpay for it. If you're patient and shop around you can get on under $700 private sale. I'll probably pick up another one. I'm really wanting a Benelli M4 more than any other shotgun

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    I hated it. Clearing malfunctions is a pain in the ass. It ate my wrist up with ejecting shells and was just jerky to operate. Its short and carries a ton of ammo though. So your mileage may vary.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    DON'T put a vertical forward hand grip on a KSG. Every pic out there of some guy who blew off the fingers of his support hand is because they put a vertical grip on the slide and either the grip or the rail it was mounted to broke under the stress of racking the action again and again, sending their hand in front of the muzzle as they pulled the trigger.

If I was going to put some sort of added grip to the slide (and having racked the slide on an early KSG, I really don't see why people feel such a need to do this) I'd say go with something like this:

https://www.mountsplus.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/magpul_afg-2_530x640.jpg

Note the lip at the fore-end of the angled grip - to keep your fingers from slipping forward if you fumble it.

M2 Carbine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2014
    I like it.
    About the only thing is it's short Bullpup style, that makes the slide close to you. This makes some shooters sometimes "short stroke" the slide.
    I tell people to operate the slide "like you mean it".

Kel Tec KSG CT and SL.jpg

Even the ladies like the gun.

Abby shooting KSG 2.jpg

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    One possible advantage to the KSG is the dual magazine tubes. You could theoretically load one with buck and one with slugs - there's a thumb switch up above the grip that'll let you choose between the two.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I've owned two and sold both of them. First time around I sold it because my dad wanted me to... and that's ok. Second time around I was married and decided I was going to have one anyway because I could. That time around I sold it because I could never justify it. There was never ever a situation I was in where I couldn't think of another firearm I'd rather have if I had to carry just one OR EVEN TWO, so I decided it was just not versatile enough of a weapon that it was go-to in any given circumstance.

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    I had one. I had all the bells and whistles on it. I sold it to a PD guy who wanted it. The main reason, is I felt like the Blue's Brother's and there was an angry nun slapping the crap out of my left ulna every time the round ejected. Other than the constant beating, it was a great shotgun.

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    One possible advantage to the KSG is the dual magazine tubes. You could theoretically load one with buck and one with slugs - there's a thumb switch up above the grip that'll let you choose between the two.

That is first what attracted me. But, the rear eject into your support arm with a hot brass ejected shell made for a bad day for me.

Leadslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    el paso texas
    I have had mine for couple years. I put choke adapter with modified choke. Makes even field load potent.
    I had several different kind of vertical grips eventually went back to stock with strip of grip tape over bottom rail for traction.
    Slide smooths out with use. Still have to make sure you rack with authority but it gets better.

Easy to keep shells from hitting wrist with small adjustment to grip.

It goes with me almost everytime I go to the range. It's just so nice compact and effective.

7/8 slug 1250 fps center mass 100 yards with iron sights. What's not to like

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Saccaayo
    Top Bottom