• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Picked up a Kershaw Leek. Costs a little under $40.

upload_2018-10-12_9-16-39.png

upload_2018-10-12_9-16-57.png

upload_2018-10-12_9-17-14.jpeg

Pleased with this Kershaw. Great edge. Three inch blade. Lightweight (3 oz.). Sandvik 14C28N blade with 410 SS handle. Has speed assist opening, using either the thumb blade peg or forefinger flipper.

Had to loosen the pivot screw a half turn, as the blade did not want to fully open with the flipper. Works just fine now. Very fast opening.

I moved the tip lock slider to the open position and then cranked down on the screw to make it stay in the open position. I don't want to mess with a lock when I need to open the knife.

The clip can be placed for either the tip up or tip down position. Can also put clip on either side.

Can get in a variety of blade/handle finishes. I went with black handles and bare blade finish.

Have had a Kershaw Amphibian for decades and it has served well.

Nice little pocketknife.
    Target Sports

Reactions: MTA

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    It's an historical shame that at about the same time that switch blades became legal, Kershaw came out with that wonderful Speed Safe system negating the need for a switch blade (for me).

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I had another Kershaw (also one of the Onion designs) and got used to using the thumb peg. Gave that knife to a relative.

I now have gotten used to the flipper and find I use it rather than the thumbpeg.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I like the leek design. I have owned a couple over the years. I have a Kershaw knife that has been in my pocket since 2005. (There is a date code at the base of the blade on the older ones at least) It has been sharpened enough that the blade is starting to shrink. The Ken Onion knives are the best.
    7cb72ba7b2a91514c133fecedc47daa9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom