Gun Zone Deals

KIA EV6 I really like this ev and will buy one if I like the test drive. when they go into production

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I don't eat 'pretend it's beef burgers' and there's no such thing as
    'saving the planet'.

I love combustion engines especially big V-8's.

I think golf carts are ok for old folks getting around in the neighborhood, plus I do love my little electric chainsaw, but a serious over the road electric vehicle, ya gotta be shittin me...oh, they still plug in to electric producers who use...gasp, coal and/or natural gas...save the planet my achin patooty.

Oh, and they're too damn quiet.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    LOL I have no F's to give about the environment. I have done more than most to save the world by not reproducing.

BUT Muh v8

And think all those batteries that cant be recycled yep EV's will save the world. Hell the power grids struggle now.

I gave up on the v8 when I purchased my f150 3.5 twin turbo.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Bottom line is it WON'T save the planet, unless you have a 100% (or close to it) solar powered house.
    I would have been screwed during "electric-gate" last month if it were not for my GAS powered car going out to get GAS for my GAS powered generator.

If even 10% of the people switched over from gas powered cars to EV cars, it would bring the electric grid to its knees.

Now, don't get me wrong, I think the future of vehicles is EV, but we are not even close to getting there from many standpoints.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I got a ride in a Tesla the other year, amazing car. The owner of that car could care less of “saving the environment,” he likes the tech features and the power.

I’d drive an EV, the instant power is fun. I would just need one that would work in my life, a full size SUV of some sort.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Granola crunching, man purse wearing, eviron-green A-holes insist on e-turds for transportation...and then they're those of us who find them hopelessly inept as vehicles ah, unless used for getting around in the neighborhood, but you can do that with a used golf cart.

And those dang plastic glocks will never last and will never replace a good old metal slab.

and if you notice the charge time on the posted car is from 10%-80% charge in 18 minutes not much longer than filling Muh V8

<and that is if its on a charging station set up for fast charge>

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Save the environment my ass
    Think about all the items made with oil used in producing the car and the batteries powering it as well as the electricity to recharge it and then splain to me HOW the HELL your doing anything to save anything other than gas money for you and GAS for my 5.0 F150.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Battery tech really is the last remaining obstacle for the world to shift from internal combustion. Not just for the vehicle mind you, we need grid level, readily available, mass quantity energy storage for this to work.

Think of it this way, one gallon of gasoline is roughly equivalent to 33kWh. Multiply that out by the total quantity of fuel sitting in vehicle gas tanks, and then add in the totality of what's stored in gas station tanks, pipelines, regional distribution tanks, etc. It's a LOT of energy, and we simply don't have anything close in the electric world. That's the obstacle.

Even still, if we supposedly have the desire to completely dismantle our O/G industry, what about "inconvenient" energy storage on things like ocean-going vessels?

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Save the environment my ass
    Think about all the items made with oil used in producing the car and the batteries powering it as well as the electricity to recharge it and then splain to me HOW the HELL your doing anything to save anything other than gas money for you and GAS for my 5.0 F150.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's about feelings, feelings......you cannot use logic.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    If you want to save money and reduce your "environmental impact", buy a 1998 Geo Metro. Cheap to own and operate, gets 50mpg, has modern emissions controls, and all the production resources were expended 20 years ago. That little shitbox will be more fun to drive, too.

Pistol Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Texas
    I was born at the right time. I will be 76 in May, I won't live long enough to have to buy an electric car, and I resent the fact that the Fed. supports this crap with our tax money. We are not gonna control the weather no matter how many electric cars are sole on how many windmills or solar panels are sold. Ain't gonna happen. By the way tax money also pays for part of the windmills and solar panels. At the same time some Texans went without power for a week in Feb. Even lefties should be able to figure this out.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Since, I couldn't g.a.s. less what others think about me driving a big ass V-8 truck that gobbles gas...nope.

Drive a pitiful little shitbox?

You're joking.

Nah, they're for tea drinking metro-sexuals and elderly women.

I got big, heavy, shit to haul...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom