• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I was paying one of the cable companies $180 when I had enough. Cut the cord, went with fast internet along with Netflix, HULU.

One of my kids said, "hey, dont you have an Amazon account?"

"yeah."

"You get Prime TV for free."

"I do?"

"Yeah."

"What the heck is Prime TV?"

".............."

ETA - I bought a booster antenna so I get local channels on my RV but I rarely watch them.

Last edited:

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Old habits die hard.
    I'll say: took my mom years and actually moving to a brand new house that accidentally wasn't wired for it; she refused to cancel the home phone service because she'd had it for 60 years prior and "its only $25 a month!".

I haven't paid for cable or dish my entire life, and after not having it college, I just don't miss it or get any urges to get it. Sometimes I like to look back and say "for this many months without it, how much more money do I have today?"

Found out (I know I'm old) I could connect a wireless mouse and keyboard to our TV..........
    I wish more people knew that was even possible. A mini $300 computer can sneak behind your TV, and you use a bluetooth keyboard to browse your favorite sites and streams. The thing could pay for itself in a matter of months if you have preferred streaming sites or know how to watch other content for free. I know its possible to do it with a raspberry pi, but a mini desktop is just so much more powerful than anything else.

I'm in a sunk cost pit myself after getting some chromecast units; it'll work for most of my needs but sometimes I wish I had a PC setup like I described that would do what the chromecast does plus so much more.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I get 66 ota channels and have 600 down internet with the usual streaming services. I cut the cord back in 2011. The spectrum gal didn't like it when I said they were raping me. She said rape isn't funny and they're not doing that. I said you're fucking me without my permission and she hung up. Turned my boxes in about an hour later.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    ATT is putting fiber in our neighborhood, probably by summer it should be up and running. I have DSL now and works fine, I have 20 devices that run on a mesh system.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Ain't worth 50 dollars.
    Ain't Worth 10 dollars.
    They are one shady company. It only got worse after AT&T Took over.
    Their favorite game: try this movie channel FREE for three months!
    Then, the charge shows up on your bill one month later. I cancelled the NFL season ticket after less Than a year and they "auto-renewed" it! Hate them.
    We had 200 channels and There were four worth watching. One was OANN, and We see how that went...

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I get free WiF because I rent my tower to the local WiFi company. Bought a Roku that crapped out, Roku replaced it with 2 devices. When the wife became bedridden I moved the TV into the master bedroom for her. Ended up buying a second idiot box for the living room. I listen to Pandora more then watch TV.The free with ads is about more then I can stomach. A good nap can easily be as entertaining to me.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    If you're already putting up with commercials on cable and dish, you can do it for free with any number of streaming services like Pluto or Plex.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I only speak English
    Apparently not well.
    If you're already putting up with commercials on cable and dish, you can do it for free with any number of streaming services like Pluto or Plex.
    In the above sentence, the capitalization of the first letter on "Pluto" and "Plex" indicates they are proper nouns.

"Streaming services" is an adjective describing what they are, and "free" lets you know they are zero cost.

From the opening opening conditional clause, you are to infer that "Pluto" and "Plex" have commercials and similar content to cable and dish.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    ATT is putting fiber in our neighborhood, probably by summer it should be up and running. I have DSL now and works fine, I have 20 devices that run on a mesh system.
    ATT finally ran fiber to my home after years of undependable dsl service. The result has been reliable high speed internet at a reduced cost.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom