Guns International

Kids cards for veterans refused; ‘Merry Christmas,’‘God bless you’ not allowed!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Ridiculous, I know people of several faiths that enjoy Christmas. If nothing else, just as a time to show you care. Idiots

from a non-recovering coffeeholic

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I'm of no particular faith and I enjoy christmas. I feel like I may be one of the "types" of vets the VA is trying to protect from these cards, and I would be thrilled to get one if I were in the hospital. Once again, the VA screws up.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    C'mon now. I'm a Muslim and I'm all for keeping Christ in Christmas. This PC shit is retarded. The left is just trying to divide everyone up by telling them how to feel, and people are falling for it.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I didn't comment when I originally posted the link because I was so pissed off I couldn't think straight. The politically (in)correct crowd has GOT to go....NOW!! I want to find the idiots that made that decision and jam my size 10½ boot up their collective asses. There is no reason on God's green earth for them to feel they "need to protect" our wounded veterans and only a 4 x 4 (a 2 x 4 is entirely too small for the task) up along side their libiturd heads would be the answer to their stupidity.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Regardless of my faith. I feel bad when someone tells me happy holidays and not merry Christmas. My reply would always be merry Christmas.

Sent from the black hole

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Ridiculous, I know people of several faiths that enjoy Christmas. If nothing else, just as a time to show you care. Idiots

Exactly I know 2 muslim families who celebrate christmas with gifts and a tree. If nothing else it is a good way to end the year and enjoy family.

I'm not sure I want to meet the atheist who his so thin skinned that "god bless you" offends them.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    true heartfelt goodwill and blessings transcend religions. Or those that have none. Religion has done both good and bad, ALL of them. A kind heart recognizes ALL of them,,,,, or none

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Exactly I know 2 muslim families who celebrate christmas with gifts and a tree. If nothing else it is a good way to end the year and enjoy family.

I'm not sure I want to meet the atheist who his so thin skinned that "god bless you" offends them.

We used to have a tree and put lights out way back when, but the family never got into the presents thing. I'll definitely start doing that with my future kids lol.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    If they really wanted to protect veterans they could start by ending the SOP of denying 90% of disability claims no matter how legitimate. I swear the VA is quickly getting to be the dumbest, most dog-shit government agency there is. Even USPS must laugh at how incompetent the VA is.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    VA North Texas Welcomes Holiday Donations - VA North Texas Health Care System

Starting to wonder if this is some Fox news rabble rousing. Then again I don't exactly trust the VA to be forthcoming and it could be that official policy has no problem with sending Christmas cards but there is somebody at the VA who handles this stuff that is being a big stinker and going against policy anywho. Might give the school claiming this stuff a call and see if I can find anything more about it. Might also see if I can find some contact info for this Froy Garza at the VA.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    If they really wanted to protect veterans they could start by ending the SOP of denying 90% of disability claims no matter how legitimate. I swear the VA is quickly getting to be the dumbest, most dog-shit government agency there is. Even USPS must laugh at how incompetent the VA is.
    Yet this is the best running example of the government controlling a healthcare system, and all these sheep are screaming about needing the government to run all of this countries healthcare.

Top Bottom