• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    "Sunday School teacher killed in church parking lot." There's a phrase I never thought I would hear.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Throughout the trial, Harmon-Wright maintained his innocence after responding to a call to investigate why a woman was parked in the church parking lot.

More lives ruined by nitwits who cannot mind their own fucking business.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX

More lives ruined by nitwits who cannot mind their own fucking business.

Not at all. A life ruined by the over-reaction of an LEO, absolutely. But when someone's somewhere that's suspicious, you call it in. Nothing wrong with that. You'd be all over here cryin' if your neighbor didn't call the cops after noticin' a strange vehicle in your driveway, and you got home to find out you'd be broken into.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Not at all. A life ruined by the over-reaction of an LEO, absolutely. But when someone's somewhere that's suspicious, you call it in. Nothing wrong with that. You'd be all over here cryin' if your neighbor didn't call the cops after noticin' a strange vehicle in your driveway, and you got home to find out you'd be broken into.

You hit the nail right on the head.

I've called the non-emergency line on a few occasions for suspicious activity. The most recent being a shadowy figure in my driveway area. Might have been a neighbor walking their dog at night, I don't know. I didn't plan on getting George-Zimmerman'ed.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

There is nothing suspicious about a Sunday School teacher parked at a church. I drive past churches all the time with cars parked in them. I am not calling 911 each time. It is asinine.

The cop phucked up, but so did the woman.

If you call 911 everytime you see a vehicle on your neighbors driveway you do not recognize you are part of the problem.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I think you're assuming that the person who made the call knew that the woman sitting in the car was a Sunday school teacher.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I think you're assuming that the person who made the call knew that the woman sitting in the car was a Sunday school teacher.

No I am saying cars parked in parking lots is a normal thing. So unless you know a car does not belong there, it is not a suspicious event that needs to be reported to the police.

I just drove past local high school. School is not in session. 3 cars parked in parking lot. Am I calling police? No. Nothing suspicious about cars parked in parking lots.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    You're choosing to overlook that the person calling it in was likely a neighbor familiar with the parking lot and the normal traffic flow there. Remember that a LOT of churches AND schools have become targets of thieves and vandals.

Further....while I in *NO* way accept the actions of the cop involved as ANYTHING but reprehensible, I'm also wondering about the lady. I mean, from ALL accounts she was a reasonable, upstanding and law-abiding member of the community. It seems odd that she ignored the cop the way she apparently did. I'm wondering if she was somehow despondent, and fed up with life. Again - NO excuse for the actions of the cop, but maybe - just maybe - ying met yang, y'know? It just doesn't add up......none of it does.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    You're choosing to overlook that the person calling it in was likely a neighbor familiar with the parking lot and the normal traffic flow there. Remember that a LOT of churches AND schools have become targets of thieves and vandals.

I am not choosing to overlook anything. You are presuming facts that are not in evidence. I am familiar with the story and have followed it since day 1. I have family in VA and visit frequently. Let us just say Culpeper should be avoided if possible.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    That article honestly presents little in the way of fact, other than an officer shot someone and they died. Looking at some of the other stories on that site, there is a lot of sensationalism going on, and not a whole lot of fact.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Second time this has been posted in two days.

Some of y'all need a life.

Why yes, yes some of them do. Others are more like this
    butt hurt.jpg

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Back to topic. He was found guilty of manslaughter, but I'm surprised at the light sentence. The guy that killed my daughter by hitting the car she was in while he was driving 90+ miles per hour in a 35 mph zone got 5 years on the same charge.

The two most dangerous places in today's world:
    1.) a gun free zone
    2.) your comfort zone

Top Bottom