• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I'll be up in the Killeen/Ft Hood area on Saturday and was wondering if there were any good gun shops that I shouldn't miss?

I mostly collect milsurp rifles, mainly Mosin-Nagants; but am also interested in good deals on long-range hunting rifles and even .22s (for my 12-yr-old). I also like to find good buys on tactical gear.

If anyone has any suggestions on "must-hit" places, I'd appeciate hearing them!

Oh, and I'm planning to take 281 north from SA instead of IH-35, it's a more scenic and enjoyable drive!

Cheers! M2
    Texas SOT

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Theres some good ones in Kileen, been a while since I have been there. Bought a couple ofr P-38s in Kileen....For gosh sakes don't take them on base there, big no no....

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    Stay away from guns galore they have a lot of guns but way over price. Quantico tactical on Ft hood st is a good place and always has some kind of special goin on I live in Temple and always go up there and there are surplus shops on Rancier ave you can find some good deals there. There is a action pawn that has an assortment but just like guns galore they are hunting soldiers with alot of combat pay that are looking to impulse buy. Best to look at craigslist in that area and make plans to meet them and buy gear. I always find good deals on packs and stuff like that also the belton swap meet will be goin on its small but you can find good deals on good gear there.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Thanks guys, and I must point out that I had no intention whatsoever of bringing firearms on base! I've been working on military installations for almost 30 years now, both while on active duty and as a contractor since I retired, and know the restrictions and ramifications! Plus, I would suspect things are especially sensitive at Ft Hood.

My hopes were to hit a few good gun shops after we were done on Hood and on our way home...

However, these bases usually have a couple good places to find tactical gear (not that I need any more of the stuff, but I'm always on the lookout for it!). I appreciate the suggestions!

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom