• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Central Texas-- Last night a killer was on the loose... following up after a string of killings, the locals took matters into their own hands. About 9:00 pm there was a loud racket comming from the local hen house. Upon closer investigation, "Ricky Racoon" was spotted leaving the scene where another hen was left in a pool of blood. Ricky tried to make his escape up the side of the barn, but was stopped with one shot from a .45 acp. Ricky will be disposed of today in the local dumpster. MG

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Where did we go wrong as a society to let things like this happen? We should get Obama to fix this situation with a bunch of new laws to protect the guilty and weaken victims rights. He'll do it, I've seen him in action. It shouldn't cost us taxpayers more than a couple billion dollars.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    This was a hate crime no doubt!!!!
    Shame, shame, shame, justice from the barrel of a gun!
    Yes more laws must be enacted to protect the guilty and weaken victims rights.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I'm sure they'll soon begin talking about how the raccoon had a tough childhood. His father left him & his mother at a young age. Then they'll start blasting at how those chickens lived such a pampered life.......big fancy hen house, fenced yard, all the corn they could eat. Was it street justice or just another parody of life's injustice? How could he be gunned down at such a young age?

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    No 7 yet... haven't gotten it back from the shop. Using a loaner...(work) box right now. I would have posted pics of the perp from last night if I had mine up and running...I think ol' Ricky might have had some buddys working with him. I will be keeping an eye out for them....MG

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Sir, have you posted the appropriate signage in language that the indigent population can understand and comprehend? Have you posted notice in the local papers, and filed the appropriate Impact Studies and Statements prior to taking such action????

I. "Will" Sue, Esq
    Ambulance Chaser Extraordinaire

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I am beginning to feel a protest on site may be in order.
    I suspect Mr.Coons rights have been violated and unwarranted and unjust shooting may have occured.
    All interested in "On Site" protesting please chime in!

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    It appears that you shot him after the fact. You might have problem with your justification for using deadly force:

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
    (1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and
    (2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
    (A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or
    (B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and
    (3) he reasonably believes that:
    (A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or
    (B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

It appears the crime had already been committed. So, unless you are suggesting that you were preventing the other from fleeing with your property AND had you attempted to restrain him any other way, he would have probably bitten or scratched you AND once he's gone, you'll never see that property again, you've got a big problem!!!

So... did he eat the chicken?

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Sounds like a revenge killing to me. I think you are screwed legally. Was this a public execution to try to ward off other such occurances? Set an example of him? I definitely smell civil suit!

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    SOME BODY is getin suied!!!
    This is America and there is no way a killing of this type can occur and a law suit not be filed.

You better Lawyer Up and FAST!!!

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Really, looking back, you could have just given him a good stern talking to. It seems to work so well for new age parents and their kids.........

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    I will have to invoke the "castle doctrine" Suspect fleeing the scene of a felony homicide with blood on his paws and a chicken wing in his mouth...he was a lookin' at me with those beedy little eyes and I was a-feered fur my life... had to protect the innocent lives of the other hens.... MG

Top Bottom