• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • f250freak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Went shooting with my Dad a couple of weeks ago. He bought it for himself for Christmas, and used it to get his CCW (he's 72).

Long story short, very nice piece of equipment. You won't be disappointed.

The laser really shows an unsteady hand though (mine ).

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    If you really want CT Grips and the few other goodies it has it's not a bad deal. But if you don't want/need the CT grips, and a lot of people get them for the cool just to realize they have a limited purpose, you can save money and get something with the goodies you want including night sights which would be much more useful than the CT's.

Otherwise, the gun itself is like most any other Kimber as far as function and the gun itself.

Be prepared to keep a pile of the little swap, laser cleaner thingies that CT sells to clear the crud off the laser.

Personally I think the marketing folks put that package together to attract new buyer who are drawn to the "cool" of the laser. Kimber is good about coming up with products packaged to appeal to newer buyers and buyers that don't shoot often but will buy the glitz and glimmer wrapped around a very good 1911.

DocRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Arlington
    Anyone have any comments on the Kimber crimson ultra carry II? I've been reading a little about them, wanted some other input.

I have carried the Ultra Carry II with Crimson grips for about 2 years. I've run approximately 2k rounds through it using of almost every kind of ammo without a single problem. It's a well built piece of equipment that is consistant and accurate, and I don't hesitate to depend on for personal protection. I do change up and carry other pistols from time to time, kind of like when a woman changes her jewelry, but I really like the Ultra Carry because I have small hands and it fits me perfectly.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    While it's pretty much the same thing functionally, the Crimson Carry is a uniquely equipped model that even has Crimson Traces name etched on the slide.

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    I've had an Ultra Carry II for about 6 months; bought it for cool weather carry and it is a gem ... extremely accurate and easy to shoot ... I found it wasn't happy with Cor-Bon DPX ammo, but it eats everything else without a problem ... I didn't get the laser option (I got mine NIB for under $700 at a gun show); the gun points so easily and stays on target so well I'm not sure it's worth the extra money ... IMHO

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    the gun points so easily and stays on target so well I'm not sure it's worth the extra money ... IMHO

A laser really comes into its own when you, the shooter, are not able to "point and stay on target" so easily, like having to shoot from unnatural positions...or, if you are like me and can't see the sights worth a damn without wasting time finding and putting my "cheater" glasses. LOL

fireman022

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Rio Grande Valley
    Thanks for the info. Reliability is what I wanted to hear. I sold my Bersa thunder plus .380 because i had too many ftf problems with it, not what i am looking for for concealed carry. I think I'll take the plunge and find myself one.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    My compact had zero ftf from 1-525 rounds. Covert had 8 or so from 1-525, stainless (both) have had zero from 1-350 and 1-150.

I'm not a big fan of using the little tool to break the compact down. A video on YouTube shows how to break and reassemble without it.

jhilbun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Austin
    Anyone have any comments on the Kimber crimson ultra carry II? I've been reading a little about them, wanted some other input.
    I am wanting this gun also but i want the 9mm, which I am hoping they produce. I am concerned about the recoil of this size gun making the laser rather unuseful. I will get either it or the Pro version for sure.

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    I am wanting this gun also but i want the 9mm, which I am hoping they produce. I am concerned about the recoil of this size gun making the laser rather unuseful. I will get either it or the Pro version for sure.

I own a stainless ultra carry II, and if you arent familiar with an officer length .45, it takes some getting used to. It takes a little practice to get used to. But, once you learn to control it, you will love it. :patriot:

Top Bottom