• ...and so much more!
  • jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    I have a Kimber Micro Carry STS .380 and need to see if anyone has experienced a problem like I had yesterday at the range. I have put several rounds thru this fine handgun using the stock 6 round flush magazines with no problems, always shoots great. I purchased some 7 round factory extended magazines so the gun will fit better in my hand. The fit is excellent.
    The problem is that after shooting 2 or 3 rounds the mag will disconnect and drop down about 1/4 inch which causes no new round to be entered into the chamber. I thought it was a bad magazine but all 6 do the same thing.
    My question is, have any of you fellow members had this problem with the Kimber Micro and the factory extended magazines?
    Thanks for any helpful replies.
    Hurley's Gold

Last edited:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Does no comments mean that those of you that have a Kimber Micro .380 and use extended magazines have no problems?

Hey Jimbo, it probably means that no regular here has that specific gun and mag comb. Have you tried the 1911 forums, or even the Kimber section on ar15.com?

Have you contacted Kimber?

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    Any luck, Jimbo? What did Kimber say (assuming you contacted them)?

I called Kimber today and received an authorization number and prepaid UPS labels. The service person said it will take 5 to 6 weeks for the gun to get into their gunsmiths hands. That seems like a long time. I guess Kimber is having numerous problems with their guns.
    I wish I had my Sig P238 back.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I called Kimber today and received an authorization number and prepaid UPS labels. The service person said it will take 5 to 6 weeks for the gun to get into their gunsmiths hands. That seems like a long time. I guess Kimber is having numerous problems with their guns.
    I wish I had my Sig P238 back.

Great! Maybe they padded the time line and will get it back to you much earlier!

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    I have the kimber micro in 9mm don't have the extended mags for it. Great shooting gun I love it, sorry to hear that you are having issues with yours. I hope they resolve it. It really is a great little gun.

beatnix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    Wife has a micro 380. She's run about 400 rounds through, both stock and extended mags. One FTF, but didn't relate it to the extended mag at the time....might have to revisit to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    i have a kimber covert 4.25" bbl. and use extended mags exclusively made by TRIPP RESEARCH and have experienced exactly zero failures. i'd say 99% of the 800 plus rds thru it are reloads of various weights and shapes. i am interested in what kimber winds up doing with your micro.

Top Bottom