• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abntxn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2013
    Howdy!

Anyrate, have a Kimber Ultra Carry II, I have put 300 rounds through it. Small issue with ejecting. Every so often (around 50-75 rounds) I'll get brass that won't clear the slide. It will eject, but won't clear the slide. Ammo is Winchester .45 ACP, wipedown every 50 rounds, full clean after range time, 2 Kimber magazines that came with it and one 1911 magazine a friend gave me (had malfunctioned with all 3 magazines). Any Kimber owners have this problem? I read on one of these threads about this happening during break-in period. About how many rounds would you say before it's broke in? Anyrate, ya'll have a good one and any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Capitol Armory ad

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Check the extractor tension (google search) and lube that suka with good lube on the very wet side. Probably not a mag issue but keep track of what round in the mag does not eject. Last, next to last or whatever.

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Every so often (around 50-75 rounds) I'll get brass that won't clear the slide. It will eject, but won't clear the slide.
    I agree with Army 1911 in that it's likely to be an extractor-tension issue, but can you describe the sypmtoms in more detail? When you say "it won't clear the slide", is it sticking out like a funnel or what?

Also: Extractor Tuning Tips by Bill Wilson

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    If you have a new Kimber and are shooting factory loads as specified in the manual, give Kimber a call. They have an obligation to help you.

abntxn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2013
    Thanks much for the advice. I traded it to a buddy for a .40 cal & a .22. He hasn't had any trouble with it (200 rounds so far). Anyrate y'all have a good one!

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    While it might not be a magazine issue, Kimber magazines are junk. If the gun is to be used for self defense at all, you should upgrade to Wilson, McCormick, or Tripp mags.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom