• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abntxn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2013
    Howdy!

Anyrate, have a Kimber Ultra Carry II, I have put 300 rounds through it. Small issue with ejecting. Every so often (around 50-75 rounds) I'll get brass that won't clear the slide. It will eject, but won't clear the slide. Ammo is Winchester .45 ACP, wipedown every 50 rounds, full clean after range time, 2 Kimber magazines that came with it and one 1911 magazine a friend gave me (had malfunctioned with all 3 magazines). Any Kimber owners have this problem? I read on one of these threads about this happening during break-in period. About how many rounds would you say before it's broke in? Anyrate, ya'll have a good one and any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Lynx Defense

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Check the extractor tension (google search) and lube that suka with good lube on the very wet side. Probably not a mag issue but keep track of what round in the mag does not eject. Last, next to last or whatever.

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Every so often (around 50-75 rounds) I'll get brass that won't clear the slide. It will eject, but won't clear the slide.
    I agree with Army 1911 in that it's likely to be an extractor-tension issue, but can you describe the sypmtoms in more detail? When you say "it won't clear the slide", is it sticking out like a funnel or what?

Also: Extractor Tuning Tips by Bill Wilson

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    If you have a new Kimber and are shooting factory loads as specified in the manual, give Kimber a call. They have an obligation to help you.

abntxn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2013
    Thanks much for the advice. I traded it to a buddy for a .40 cal & a .22. He hasn't had any trouble with it (200 rounds so far). Anyrate y'all have a good one!

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    While it might not be a magazine issue, Kimber magazines are junk. If the gun is to be used for self defense at all, you should upgrade to Wilson, McCormick, or Tripp mags.

Top Bottom