• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • midnightrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    I've got my eye on this for my next "carry", but I'm still think'n....

sispro.gif

Still about a month from purchase, but I will be posting a range report. :D

ElectricHellfire

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    The Woodlands, TX
    Ok so I took the little Ultra CDP out to the range today like I said I would. First mag, 4th shot was a FTE that left the empty stuck in the chamber. Had to manually lock back the slide, drop the mag and pry out the empty with my fingernails. Kept shooting but this repeated itself at least 3 more times through the session.
    I tried the original Kimber mag, Wilson mag but it didnt make a difference that I could tell.
    Ammo was WWB which is what I always use to practice. This particular pistol now has about 600 or so rounds through it.

So, I think Im going to contact Kimber to see if I can get a new slide with the internal extractor. This external one just isnt working and for $1000.00 that does not make me happy.

I shot up the remainder of the ammo I brought in my Glock 21. A $500.00 that functions flawlessly every time the trigger is pressed. Can you tell Im p o'd?

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I still don't understand why Kimber has had so many problems with an EXTERNAL extractor of all things. Some other brands of handguns (Sig for example) end up having problems with internal extractors and sometimes end up switching to external to fix it. I would think an external extractor would be easier to make more consistent. I haven't looked too much into the extractor issue on Kimbers though, so I'm not sure what the actual problem is.

Top Bottom