• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    OMG...I think I'm in love! I am sooooo friggin' jonesing for one of these! A friend of mine has a stepson who needed money so he hawked his Kimber. He was about to lose it, so my friend got it out for........I think I'm going to be sick.....$275! :eek:

20192-1.jpg
    Lynx Defense

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    That 1st one is a CDP. Several hundred more than UC.

I'm trying not to think about $275 for it though. A base UC at 2 times that is still a steal..... :o

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    That 1st one is a CDP. Several hundred more than UC.

I'm trying not to think about $275 for it though. A base UC at 2 times that is still a steal..... :o

I noticed that they had the pic labled wrong. Still, the Ultra Carry is something I can afford within the next couple of months.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    you should invest in a better holster, unless you're too attached to your uncle mikes.

i carried my EMP in a uncle mikes for a month or two til i got my hands on a milt sparks. ohhh a world of difference.

tomhall75

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Fort Worth
    I have an Ultra Carry 2 stainless with the night sights. I love it. Best gun I've ever shot in my opinion. Only problem I've had was, I picked up an extra Kimber mag at Elk Castle and the spring is so tight that the slide doesn't always push the round out of the mag. The one that came with it works like a champ though. Very accurate and reliable. Great choice for a carry gun, or really for any reason;)

ElectricHellfire

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    The Woodlands, TX
    I have one. Never would reliably function through 200 rounds without a major FTE leaving the empty stuck in the chamber. Got a new extractor from Kimber and still had problems. Now it lies in the safe. $1100.00 paperweight.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Oh, a CDP, that's different.

Theres a lot of them out there that run and ran flawlessly out of the box. Then there's the ones that don't. The idea of a 3" barrel and the compound recoil spring just seems like it's taking the simple out of the equation that Mr. Browning intended. Imagine if he were here to see 3" 1911's!!!

JDKRIEK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    WYLIE
    I have one. Never would reliably function through 200 rounds without a major FTE leaving the empty stuck in the chamber. Got a new extractor from Kimber and still had problems. Now it lies in the safe. $1100.00 paperweight.

Sorry to hear you had a bad run with an Ultra. Mine is one of those that has preformed flawlessly. 450 rounds so far and not a single FTF or FTE using Wilson 47OXC/47DOX mags. Were you using the stock mags? Internal or external extractor? What type of ammo? Mine eats anything I feed it, but some have issues with specific ammo.

ElectricHellfire

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    The Woodlands, TX
    Mine has the infamous external extractor. I started out with some Chip Mckormick and Stock mags. It hated the McKormick mags so I picked up some Wilsons and they are ok. To be fair, Ive shot about 600 rounds through it but only about 100 or so since the extractor replacement. Its been in the safe for over 2 years. I really should see if I can get her up and running I guess. I'd never sell it since I would take such a loss Im sure. I may do that. If I do Ill post a range report ASAP.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    If the external extractor was replaced and you still had/have issues, call Kimber and get the slide replaced. It's rare that they'll replace the external extractor and are still replacing slides with internal extractors. External extractors were a mistake and they will fix it.

I think at a Kimber Company Picnic they drowned the person that came up with that idea.

Don't worry about the age of the gun, Kimber doesn't give a crap about warranties; just fixing their product. But they "are" in New York, and are New Yorkers, so don't get cocky, just be friendly (don't expect friendly small talk) and give them the facts. :)

Top Bottom