• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have nothing to offer in the way of knives, but have a funny divorce story.

My buddy called me up and asked if I could come to his house for a couple hours. Turns out his wife was taking her plunder. He wanted me there to observe. He was about 4 drinks into a bottle of scotch when I arrived and had gotten a little sassy.

His wife comes walking through with a propane bottle. He says really loud, "this is what happens when you get divorced. If you have two of anything, your ex wife takes one of them, even if she has no use for it."

Apparently she moved into an apartment and was not able to even own a gas grill.

I stood there uncomfortably, he laughed, she shot him the bird.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have nothing to offer in the way of knives, but have a funny divorce story.

My buddy called me up and asked if I could come to his house for a couple hours. Turns out his wife was taking her plunder. He wanted me there to observe. He was about 4 drinks into a bottle of scotch when I arrived and had gotten a little sassy.

His wife comes walking through with a propane bottle. He says really loud, "this is what happens when you get divorced. If you have two of anything, your ex wife takes one of them, even if she has no use for it."

Apparently she moved into an apartment and was not able to even own a gas grill.

I stood there uncomfortably, he laughed, she shot him the bird.
    I'm pretty sure I would have had to have a drink as well. Awkward situation....

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    Wustoff and Henckle are both great knives, as long as you’re getting the West German variety and not the “International” version. (Translation, Chinese). I wouldn’t go for the massive sets, because you won’t ever use most of them. Get a smaller set with a chef’s knife, paring knife, bread knife, and utility knife with a few steak knives in the block.

While I bought one of the cheaper Henckle sets years ago and they have served me well,I recently started buying individual West German knives at a local knife store when they are on sale. This way we get what we use and we can use any “block”. Actually most are hung on a magnetic strip on the back splash of the counter. The chefs knife and boning knife cover much of what we need.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Advancement of corrosion and besides, water has its own abrasive qualities.

Also, when the water dries, calcium (and other) deposits left behind will dull the blade.

Does it to razor blades as well, which is one reason why drying and/or oiling them after use makes razor blades last a looooong time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    While I bought one of the cheaper Henckle sets years ago and they have served me well,I recently started buying individual West German knives at a local knife store when they are on sale. This way we get what we use and we can use any “block”. Actually most are hung on a magnetic strip on the back splash of the counter. The chefs knife and boning knife cover much of what we need.
    We really like our magnetic strips.
    1.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      171.2 KB · Views: 441
    Top Bottom