• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I've had great results with Glucosamine.

Copied from WebMD: "Glucosamine helps keep the cartilage in joints healthy. But natural glucosamine levels drop as people age. This can lead to gradual deterioration of the joint,"

I've read conflicting reports on that stuff. Some say it's great (like the folks who sell it), and some studies say it's worthless. I've used it for years, but I always wonder if it's really doing much good.

I've gotten off of it a few times and always started back up after my knee started to bother me. But at the same time, when I'm on it and my knee starts to bother me, I don't start taking more in hopes it gets better. Sometimes my knees hurt. I don't know if the pill is really helping or not. Just throwing this out there to hear others opinions.

Eddie Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    Amarillo
    I've read conflicting reports on that stuff. Some say it's great (like the folks who sell it), and some studies say it's worthless. I've used it for years, but I always wonder if it's really doing much good.

I've gotten off of it a few times and always started back up after my knee started to bother me. But at the same time, when I'm on it and my knee starts to bother me, I don't start taking more in hopes it gets better. Sometimes my knees hurt. I don't know if the pill is really helping or not. Just throwing this out there to hear others opinions.

Glucosamine did nothing for me. I'm of the opinion it's worthless.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    My knees went to crap in high school. Bothered me into my 30s.
    I quit sugar for a completely different reason.
    My knees quit hurting and feel fine at 54.
    I've never weighed more than 180 though.

gdouthit

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    BCS
    They haven't been hurting that much the last couple days. I started crossfit Tuesday and my second day today. We see how my knees feel in the morning :-P

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I haven't read the entire thread, but getting medical advice from an internet forum is well.... you get what you pay for. Go see your doctor.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I haven't read the entire thread, but getting medical advice from an internet forum is well.... you get what you pay for. Go see your doctor.
    Most of us are repeating what our doctors told us, but yes, seeking counsel from a professional is always good advice.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009

Sure, but take that with a grain of salt too. I went to a Navy doctor a couple of decades or so ago and was told I needed a replacement and he was ready to schedule the surgery. I took some leave and went to see an orthopedist in San Diego and he told me to skip the surgery. I wouldn't be much better of after it and if I kept in shape and healthy, my knee would be tolerable for another 20 years.

Been over 20 years and still no surgery. Personally I'm worried that Obamacare mandates are going to give us more Navy type doctors.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    My wife got her knees replaced last year; one a couple of months after the other. She is very happy she did. She was very, very apprehensive before the first one but before she got out of recovery she said she wanted the next one done as soon as possible. I think the whole operation (one knee) took less than 45 minutes. It's been about seven months since the last surgery and now she says she wished she had done this years ago. She had an excellent surgeon. All he does is knees (about 5 or 6 a week).

Eddie Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    Amarillo
    It may or may not work. Depending on your knee. I takes at least three weeks of taking it to decide. It did not work for my wife but it did work for me. Just saying.

Oddly enough, though, it seemed to work wonders on my lower back. It simply did nothing for my knees. It's been almost 3 years since I've taken the stuff. My lower back muscles were strained last week, for the second time in my life. I'm off work until June 23rd or 24th.

My knees haven't hurt for almost 4 months now. I think it's due to being a bit more active. "Rust" may have set in during the long period of inactivity.

Wiked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    The right kind of running shoes worked great for my knees and shin splints. I recommend fleet feet in the Alamo heights area and Solers Sports in stone oak area. Orange Triad is a great multivitamin with joint support if you already take a multi anyway, but it's not cheap. I just used it when I first started running and switched over to garden of life multi after that

Top Bottom